maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

World Rogaine Champs

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 August 2014, 11:52 PM  
72 hours after the finish of the World Rogaine Championship in South Dakota, no results have yet been published. There seems to be a lack of expertise with applying the Sport Ident system to rogaining in the US, its not a simple score
event as each team member carries a card and the records have to agree. The event was otherwise quite good though the map left a bit to be desired. Two of NZ's top medal hopes - Greig Hamilton/Matt Scott and "The Oldies" were affected
by injury. There were 36 kiwis there.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 22 August 2014, 10:02 AM  
Embarrassing, eh?

I enjoyed the experience, even though my teammate and I never quite managed to get on the front foot. I felt the map was workable but I did get frustrated with the randomness of runnability especially the impact of deadfall trees. The course was great, with the exception of a couple that could've been vetted out, and a couple that were placed wrong.

Everything ran really smoothly except the thing that counts most - recording points They still have my SI stick ...

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 August 2014, 10:44 AM  
Yeah, back home now and still nothing official. There's a crowdscoring table at http://www.attackpoint.org/discussionthread.jsp/message_985339 but not too many have put their scores in. Coulda started this on a piece of paper onsite... One thing that was fantastic and virtually impossible to duplicate here is those vast passable forests without massive climb.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 23 August 2014, 5:17 AM  
About a quarter of the teams have posted their provisional score on the table above. Top kiwis there are Georgia Whitla and Tim Farrant with 3070 points (cf top posted score 4040). This in spite of some significant wellness issues on Tim's part.

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 28 August 2014, 1:19 PM  
Results are finally up.

Viv Prince 1st super vet mixed team
The oldies 1st mixed ultra vets
Michael Wood and Richard English 2nd mens ultra vets
Lara and Katie were 2nd open womens team.
Tim and Georgia 5th open mixed team

I disqualified Michael and I.

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 28 August 2014, 1:28 PM  
Well done to all the placing teams - some great results by many kiwis so fantastic effort all!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 August 2014, 3:01 PM  
+Val Rogers and Kathrin Mueller WSV 1st, WV 3rd and WO 5th. Solid results, 12 out of 15 NZ teams (or teams with kiwis in) were in the top half of the field.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz