maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Nationals M35 Trash Talk

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 12 April 2014, 3:00 PM  
Us M35 are all tough, bring on the trash talk...

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 13 April 2014, 4:33 AM  
must be the new 21AS.

Looks like you have rigged the start list to start 30 seconds after the favourite but it's still not gonna help you.

In the long, a solid three members from the 1996 JWOC team including Karl Dravitzki and Mark Hudson (lol).

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 13 April 2014, 5:12 AM  
Glad to see the you label Mark as the favourite Fraser.

Should Karl pick on people his own speed?

Jamie did he's best to ruin some confidence form Greg and Mark W yesterday. Would he work even better next week if he didn't reveal that Mark was using a Northern Hemisphere compass.

Show Profile  darren Posted: 13 April 2014, 5:19 AM  
Why aren't Jamie and Brent in there? They are dreaming that they have any talent left to do well in the elite grade

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 13 April 2014, 5:45 AM  
Jamie is still a spring chicken, next year he can step into the big boys club.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 13 April 2014, 11:41 AM  
Bugger, was worth a shot though.
http://maptalk.co.nz/images/mapp-OIA.png

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 13 April 2014, 11:55 AM  
And now you are in their database as a potential terrorist... good work. Wonder if the guards would let you in to the arena after that.

Show Profile  Melissa Posted: 13 April 2014, 1:33 PM  
And the sole female member of the '96 JWOC team running W35. If only Michal and Richard were in the country to contest the mens grade too.

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 14 April 2014, 1:12 AM  
Aye. That was the morning..alas the Nationals is when hard men shine and backup day in day out over the 4 days. Hard men are those who can handle the jandle of Jamies Jungle training and then backup the next day and take the brutality of the Belmont Bunkers. Hard men also collect controls in the sleety showers while others are rugged up inside watching ‘snow’ fall down.Bring it on...gt

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 14 April 2014, 4:40 AM  
GT, I will park a carbon-frame bike by one control. That should keep you distracted for a good 15 minutes...

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 14 April 2014, 5:28 AM  
@MB.That tactic would work extremely well if Bryn was competing. I think he would be out of the picture (not just 15 min) as he seems to have carbon and bicycles on the brain at the moment. But alas I don't think he's privileged enough to join the M35 Elites....That man should start running again though if I'm the fastest out of those who turned up to O intervals during the week...lol

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 14 April 2014, 9:51 AM  
M35 is so passe. Everyone knows that M40 is the grade to be seen in. As reining M35 Middle Distance Champ (due to lack of competition rather than ability) - if anyone needs mentoring in what is needed to reach the pinnacle of the M35 grade please do not hesitate to ask.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 14 April 2014, 1:31 PM  
And just in case you were wondering this is the original
http://maptalk.co.nz/images/Mapp-OIA-Zombies.png

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 15 April 2014, 12:15 AM  
Maybe if M35 is the big leagues I might get the baseplate dusted off for next years nationals.

I remember once sitting in a car with Rob Crawford and calculating that the year I move into elites he moves into M35. My how time has flown...

My money is on Hudson for mental toughness. Or a late entry win from Ben Bocock.

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 15 April 2014, 1:32 AM  
Maptalk down yesterday, looks like Fraser might not be able to handle the pressure.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 15 April 2014, 3:32 AM  
The server has definitely been taking a pounding from all the trash talk but yesterday's problem only affected Vodafone customers and was due to a bad name server so I had no control. [pun intended]

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz