maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5  

The Current State of High performance Orienteering in NZ

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 16 April 2014, 3:14 AM  
May I suggest Big Bush for the next NZ World Cup event. It is the large area of native bush up and behind St Arnaud village to the north. Beech forest runnable, scattered rocks. Been assessed by Jason Markham. Large enough to hold a couple of true Long Distance events without overlap. No tracks! Magic.

It's on my wish list for mapping for Nelson but will need a major event to justify the expenditure.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 16 April 2014, 2:40 PM  
Any basemap?

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 17 April 2014, 3:06 AM  
Not yet. We have the slopes up onto the plateau. But the plane that flies lidar follows this route to the West Coast so we would piggy back onto any flight to there. Likewise for Canaan.

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 17 April 2014, 9:16 AM  
Hey! Mapping discussion belongs in the Gentlemen's forum in the Mapping thread!

Right so where did we get too? meeting after the Middle distance at Nationals??? yes? no?

Show Profile  nick Posted: 25 April 2014, 10:04 PM  
So... Was there a meeting at Nationals? Any developments?

I have been wondering what a National Squad can do that a Regional Squad can't. Presuming that both will operate with effectively zero budget, NS seems to be n unnecessary layer of complexity. Creating work/roles that we then struggle to fill. Thoughts?

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 26 April 2014, 9:22 AM  
Michael and I had a bit of a banter. What I took away was that we need to have a think about where we can best apply efforts. Its hard to draw a line between junior coaching and HP in our sport at present and where efforts would be best applied to get the greatest benefit.

Regional hubs does seem to be the way forward. Administrators to support the week to week training, with focal point training weekends spread through the year open to all hubs. At these we could have guest coaches and mine some of the knowledge of senior elites without having to get them to commit to an administrative role too.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3   4   5  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz