maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Godzone

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 11 March 2014, 5:27 AM  
So...Brent and co can't be geographically embarrassed this time...they seem to have had two stops this morning but have been in one place for a while now...hope they are ok...thmm they have even been passed by team 31 and they had to go back to ta and get their "overlooked" yellow brick....I'm not going to speculate on their cunning tactics this time...

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 11 March 2014, 6:07 AM  
Yay - Brent and crew are rocking along.. maybe those yellow bricks aren't all they are cracked up to be...They've gotta be better than spot trackers though (mind you I only know gen II and not gen III). Can anyone enlighten me on the playback interval please ? it's an awesome feature...

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 12 March 2014, 1:49 AM  
yellow bricks? if you collect enough can you make your own road? or does that only work across the Tasman (in Oz)?

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 12 March 2014, 2:41 AM  
Congrats to Seagate, another impressive display. Finished this morning at 06:40...
Still lots to keep us armchair racers entertained though
Some interesting route choices again amongst those racing for the other podium spots.
Looks like another epic dual between the coasters ( and orienteers) Tane & Tom..After several days racing there's virtually nothing to split Team Osprey & University of Auckland...

lol - yellow bricks are the $$ gps trackers that AR uses. Seems as though the tracker was hidden at the bottom of Brents backpack yesterday.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 12 March 2014, 3:07 AM  
Seagate smashes another one. They never look like they're rushing in the videos. I wonder if they slow down for the cameras? Like, "sh*t, a camera - everyone look casual!" kinda thing.

Big route choice call by AW on the last trek. Do they have local knowledge? I'd have thought the beach was better?

The dark zone makes these last stages pretty intense eh? Good course design?

I *really* thought Tom was gonna take the green ridge on Glen Wye. But, no. Only 7 teams have used it so far - and all of them prospered. Looking forward to reading the debriefs of that leg.

Looks like Tane is well down the river now, with Tom yet to start.

Don't forget Go 3.0 (Matt Scott, Emily Wall) vs Next Generation (Tim Farrant). About halfway down the river and only about 1km apart (note Tim caught up to Matt/Emily by using the green ridge)

Show Profile  nick Posted: 12 March 2014, 3:13 AM  
Beach rules

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 12 March 2014, 4:59 AM  
Boom - Brent has just redeemed himself with the nav on the last section, gapping the chasing teams...chose the obvious beach route and then straight into checkpoint 21..hope they can hold it through to the finish

Show Profile  nick Posted: 12 March 2014, 10:32 AM  
this final paddle race for 2nd must be a deep burn.

if you were 3rd or 4th, and you wanted to be 2nd, would you portage?

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz