maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

TONIC 2014 and JWOC Trials

Show Profile  NW Posted: 21 March 2014, 5:50 AM  
The closing date was set to nullify the need for late entries - therefore late entries will not be accepted, so enter now

http://www.tonic.aoa.org.nz/

Limited maps will be available for entries on the day, in the 'open' grades only.

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 24 March 2014, 12:16 PM  
Start Lists/Additional Event Information is now available:

http://www.tonic.aoa.org.nz/

Show Profile  Freddy Posted: 27 March 2014, 5:58 AM  
Hello @ all participants!
I'm also going to take part, put as I'm a German backpacker I don't have a car.
Could anybody give me a lift from Auckland or from a place which I can reach by public transport from Auckland on Saturday and Sunday? And if somebody knows a place to pitch up my tent nearby would be awesome.
Would be great to know if there is something possible. The rest we could arrange on Friday at the sprint.

Thank you, Freddy
my number is 0221922651
or mail: frebu@gmx.de

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 30 March 2014, 11:07 AM  
I know I'm a bit biased, but this has to have been one the best weekend's of orieneering ever, with a superb area, fantastic mapping, and brilliant course setting.

I'm so looking forward to the selector's decision on the JWOC team, which will not be at all easy, with form turning around a lot over the 3 races

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 March 2014, 4:36 PM  
I would mention the arena layouts - brilliant.

Show Profile  Jason Posted: 31 March 2014, 10:38 AM  
Some of the things that made the weekend for me:
- Fieldwork of the forest map at the right degree of generalisation for racing at 1:15,000.
- Clever use of the same forest area for multiple races.
- Tricky phi loop with short legs.
- Great commentary.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 31 March 2014, 3:50 PM  
A big thanks to North West and all those involved for what was a great weekend of racing.

As a national body we are very appreciative of them running this event to help us with an event for JWOC trials.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 1 April 2014, 12:47 AM  
Yeah I enjoyed the ruthless commentary. Expect more of that at Nationals.

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 2 April 2014, 1:40 AM  
Those arena layouts and run-throughs can be very tricky to fit on the map. Great job from the setting/controlling teams.

Lots of superlatives from the TONIC weekend, and it looks like Greg has put all of the events on to route gadget, so everyone get stuck in and draw in your routes.

http://www.routechoice.co.nz/gadget/cgi-bin/reitti.cgi

Show Profile  NW Posted: 2 April 2014, 1:44 AM  
Route gadget is up for all TONIC 2014 races. Unfortunately with the new Java settings it can be difficult to load - you need to add the website to the allowed list in the security settings. Splitalyzer is a great visual tool for viewing splits as well

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz