maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Superseries 2013 - lets do it!

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 12 April 2013, 4:05 AM  
Superseries 2013.

For whatever reason there has been minimal news about the Superseries.
The initial planning included the round down at Otago Champs in late April, this has not been communicated. What are people's travel plans looking like? If there are not many booked we will need to look towards 3-4 May in Auckland as the next round.

Is this ok for SI landers and Central?

Otherwise we will put it on ice until Queens Birthday and Area Champs?

I have calculated the points from Easter, we have a new points system. Big ups to Nick Smith for taking maximum points in M18.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 12 April 2013, 4:06 AM  
Where/how shall I post the excel file with results?

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 12 April 2013, 4:41 AM  
http://silvasuperseriesnz.blogspot.co.nz/

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 12 April 2013, 7:53 AM  
Hey thomasr, you can also temporarily send the calendar of super series events updates and (if needed) any uploads to the nzof webmaster email address. webmaster at nzorienteering
We can also add a link pointing to where ever you decide to place it from the NZOF website high performance section.
If not already done, could let the nzof fixtures officer know the events details/dates too. Contact details at nzorienteering.com

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 14 April 2013, 2:29 PM  
How about letting the National Squad and any other NZ elite's know the event details/dates too?

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 14 April 2013, 2:34 PM  
Whoops, didn't read the first message properly... Anyway just do it! can't please everyone!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 14 April 2013, 2:48 PM  
There was an article on sportzhub recently detailing which events were super-series.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 14 April 2013, 2:54 PM  
oh its still there - articles seem to last longer on sportzhub these days.

http://www.sportzhub.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16500&Itemid=1

Looks like Otago has already been dropped as a round.You probably didn't even need to ask the question Tom - if something is on Sportzhub it is true.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 14 April 2013, 3:35 PM  
We were advised we would set a superseries round on the first weekend of May many months ago, and Dave Middleton has spent many hours planning superb courses.

They will be really worth coming to and will be a real challenge in the native of the Beautifull Hills map, but we would not have used this weekend if it had not been a proposed superseries, as the NISS events are on the preceding Fri/Sat, and we will not get the usual number of juniors.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 14 April 2013, 3:56 PM  
The Superseries should be the marquee series for the elites in the year. Think Nordic Tour or World Cup. Or the NZO Cup. Run it over the summer with the last event being Nationals. Must have a range of events to liven things up. Perhaps include Sprint the Bays. Make the next series a 2013-14 one. Start with the AOA Champs 19-20 October, WOA Champs 26-28 October, Canterbury Champs 15-17 November, Sprint the Bays 7-9 February, Katoa Po 15-16 March and then the Nationals in Wellington at Easter. Finish this years series off with the current series with Queens Birthday and a Wellington OY.

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 15 April 2013, 2:54 AM  
Don't think Nordic Tour or World Cup, the former is being dumped in the next two years, and the latter is practically in the grave after the implementation or yearly WOCs and boring revisits to Scandinavia & Switzerland every year (yawn; no offence to recent NZ races of course, which were great).

Just a little cynicism to start the week with ;-)

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 15 April 2013, 12:24 PM  
Ok then. Let's change the thread to "Stuperseries 2013 - can't be bothered".

This links through to my comments on the terrain choices for new maps. We need to actively seek new interesting terrains. That's partly why Slovenia and Portugal are interesting internationally at the moment. If a set criteria is used for the series as in some sprints, highly technical middles some excellent route choice longs, some high visibility event at the end for the top 20 ranked elites in a chasing start sprint. I don't know something like that.

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 15 April 2013, 3:19 PM  
Maybe we should just have the super-series in Nelson? Awesome place, awesome terrain and seems to have an awesome club president with a vision .

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 15 April 2013, 3:59 PM  
HA! No way! I don't want all that organisation. We could host the city chasing sprint at the end!!!

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 12 June 2013, 10:09 AM  
Yes!!! I'm hyped about this year's Superseries! Oh wait. Has there been one? Yes! No? Hello? Is the Superseries out there? Or am I looking in the wrong place? Sigh...

How's the battle for the Mens lead between Tim and Matt or the tussle between Rachel, Lara, Laura, Georgia and Imogene?

Updates please?!

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 12 June 2013, 10:19 AM  
Michael,I couldn't agree more.

It is the biggest non event ever, yet, I remember Michael Wood when he was SS Co-ordinator having prizegivings, and really making something of it.

Pinestars/Bushrangers test is not much better.

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz