maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

rugby hedz

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 22 October 2002, 2:01 AM  
no I don't think we want more rugby players at orienteering

I quite like been the biggest ugliest most intimidating presence at orienteering and don't want my status challenged

would you like to meet Kees Meuwws in a tight re-entrant

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 22 October 2002, 6:08 AM  
Getting smart? Nah, just stating facts.

NPC titles? Auckland 12, Waikato 1
Super 12 titles? Blues 2, Chiefs 0

Imported players? Well Waikato have Todd Miller, David Hill, Keith Robinson, the back-up flanker whose name I can't remember, plus no doubt more.

Sorry, the field isn't full of cowpats. Just the brains of one particular Waikato supporter.

Rang Geoff Morrison yet???

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 22 October 2002, 6:25 AM  
quote:
http://Tonight the Waikato team showed many things. As well as consistency, they showed depth in the squad, hard running, structure etc. These are things teams such as King Country dont have a show chance in hell of showing. Crap teams stay crap teams. - Simon Addison

I hate to say it, your rugby headedness, but Waikato was actually in the second division in 1986..... A year when Wairarapa Bush (Marty Berry) had as many players in the All Blacks as the lone Waikato star Richard Loe.

And let's not forget King Country's impact on New Zealand Rugby. The Great Colin Meads;
1957 to 1971
55 tests, 133 games

Name a Waikato player of such stature!

Teams go up and down;
Bay of Plenty actually won the first NPC in 1976 and Manawatu won the first division in 1980.

Anyway, I guess all this proves is that you learn a whole lot of useless information if you grow up in the same house as Dave Barr!

Mooloo ole ole ole!

Edited by - stu barr on 22/10/2002 13:26:49

Show Profile  addison Posted: 22 October 2002, 8:45 AM  
Stating Facts : Waikato is going to kick Aucklands arse.

And if your talking about supporters having cowpats in their heads, look at yourself. What fool would support Auckland?

If going by what the years of me playing Rep Rugby, Waikato is in good stead for the future. Not only has my team smashed Auckland in the past, we have smashed an Auckland side stacked with imported players, and that goes all the way back to Roller Mills and Under 13s. Waikato is the true home of rugby up north, very much because rugby is an upper class sport..... thats why rugby is so big in Waikato. Farmers are the true upper class of New Zealand.

Edited by - Simon Addison on 22/10/2002 16:01:10

Show Profile  lapun Posted: 22 October 2002, 9:50 AM  
As an interested observer, I saw that Keith Lowen preferred to orienteer along the direct route, whereas Mark Ranby ran very fast but not in a straight line. Regan King was unheard of when the squad was orienteering in midyear. That's the midfielders.
Overall the forwards were the ones with more stamina & better map-reading skills.

Message for aspiring coaches: Fossie not only ran the extra long (orange) course at Old Mountain Road before he sent his players out; he also located a spectator position in the middle of the map & plodded up there through the mud on a cold day so he could keep an eye on progress.

I seem to remember a Wellington All Black (Murray Pierce) was a member of WOC about 10 years ago.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 23 October 2002, 4:30 AM  
All hail that wise prophet Simone Addison, for he has seen the thrashing of Auckland and has stated as fact Waikato will rise from the cowpats and claim a comprehensive victory.

Rang Geoff Morrison yet???

Show Profile  Dave Barr Posted: 23 October 2002, 6:59 PM  
Can I just ask that the chiefs and waikato stop being mentioned as the being the same.

the chiefs have had about 50% waikato players in their time.
It is the other 50% who make them suck.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 24 October 2002, 2:04 AM  
and in the beginning the shit half was from Auckland

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 24 October 2002, 11:53 AM  
Dear Gregory, the shit half was from north harbour. A subtle, but significant difference.

now the Blues have to put up with them

Show Profile  addison Posted: 24 October 2002, 12:03 PM  
Yeah North Harbour. Just to think, when you had Counties Manakau you actually got players out of them. Jonah, Joeli just to name a few. Now what does the Chiefs get from Counties. Not even shit.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 24 October 2002, 1:47 PM  
rang Geoff Morrison yet?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 25 October 2002, 11:12 AM  
Don't give me shit about North Harbour not being party of Auckland in general thats just like saying the hutts aren't part of Wellington.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 25 October 2002, 11:40 AM  
Greg you idiot.

I'm talking about rugby teams, not geography

Show Profile  addison Posted: 25 October 2002, 2:25 PM  
Greg, rang Geoff Morrison yet???

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 26 October 2002, 2:44 PM  
so auckland won then.

i am literally pissing myself with excitement.

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz