maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Matt Ogden for Halberg Awards

Show Profile  Rolf Posted: 13 December 2012, 2:15 AM  
http://www.halbergawards.co.nz/news/awardsnewsitem/63-nominations-received-for-50th-westpac-halberg-awards

Is this a first for NZ Orienteering?

Show Profile  DennisdM Posted: 13 December 2012, 11:36 AM  
For orienteering maybe, but NZ rogainers have previously been nominated. The tricky bit is getting past the ordinary sports to make the finalist list! Chris and I were up against the All Blacks, Silver Ferns etc for team of the year:-) I reckon Matt should have a good chance of being the chosen one!

Show Profile  Dwayne Posted: 13 December 2012, 3:36 PM  
Up against Lydia Ko - Quite stiff competition from a major sport I think, especially given the award is for emerging talent. Good luck Matt.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 13 December 2012, 10:17 PM  
Yes, Lydia Ko is probably the stand-out (being the only one other than Matt I'm certain that I've heard of and her sport is one I really don't care about) but if Matt makes the shortlist (which is usually 4? 5? finallists?) that in itself will be brilliant recognition.

Show Profile  AllanJ Posted: 14 December 2012, 11:36 AM  
In any other year, Lydia Ko would be a shoe-in for sports-woman of the year. Unfortunately it's olympic year so she'll be given consolation prize.

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 16 December 2012, 4:58 AM  
Anton Cooper - World Junior Champion MTB Cross Country. A huge emerging talent. (Just like Matt)

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz