maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

We Get 10

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 29 August 2012, 3:55 AM  
So according to this we get 10 men and 10 women. Good news

http://orienteering.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/World-Cup-2013-Special-Rules_amended-August-2012.pdf

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 29 August 2012, 4:21 AM  
That is how I read it

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 29 August 2012, 1:28 PM  
Yeah, I just got a selection announcement saying there's only 6. Guess the amended rules came out after that was written? Though, in the first set of rules they didn't give National Athlete quotas for the round in NZ so I took that as meaning it was undecided.

So pretty sure we get 10 + 10, but do we get still get 11 women in the middle because Lizzie won Oceania's?? I can't find anything to back that up in the new rules.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 30 August 2012, 10:14 AM  
Another thing worth noting, if I've interpreted it correctly, the way the overall 2013 WC scoring works, all three of the races here Must contribute to the final score. While there's no shortage of other point scoring opportunities, that still makes a pretty strong incentive for anyone with high aims in the world cup to attend. Should balance out the travel and out-of-season disincentives when some of the top international competitors (the odd non-Australasian one, that is) are deciding whether or not to be available for selection.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz