maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

World MTBO Champs Hungary

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 August 2012, 6:11 PM  
Yep Rob outpowered the M60 field, also Australia's Carolyn Jackson in W50. Carolyn BTW arrived in Hungary with no luggage and it took a day or so for her bike to catch up with her.

Marquita and Christine made several frustrating errors that left them way below their potential. They enjoyed a couple of controls in a ruined castle. My "ride of the day" goes to Chris Firman who placed 5th in the JWOC. In fact all of the Aussie boys did well. Pity we had no kiwi boys to show them up.

The car is claiming its 41 degrees. Masters sprint tomorrow, rest day for the elites.

Show Profile  hughff Posted: 22 August 2012, 11:58 PM  
Well done Rob. Great result.

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 23 August 2012, 1:12 AM  
How about you Michael - didnt see your name in the results?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 23 August 2012, 11:45 AM  
Maybe your computer has frozen up in the depths of winter Pete.

Show Profile  hughff Posted: 23 August 2012, 1:35 PM  
M60
14th 618 Michael Wood Orienteering Hutt Valley 37:10

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 23 August 2012, 5:21 PM  
Rob (and Carolyn) both had good rides in the masters sprint today but couldn't quite repeat yesterday - they swapped places with yesterday's 2nd placegetters. Viv, Dave and Michael mid-field. No elite races today.

The sprint was in the town of Balatonalmadi, starting on a high point and winding down thru narrow streets and some tracks to finish in a schoolground. Very nice area. A bit cooler today. We've just had three spots of rain.

In tomorrow's relay we don't have an official elite team but there's an unofficial category for masters. We'll field a W40 and a M50 team.

Show Profile  hughff Posted: 25 August 2012, 12:36 AM  
6th (of 9) M50 New Zealand Masters NZL 139:55
Garden Rob 43:45
Wood Michael 52:34
Armstrong Dave 43:36
1st place was 116:45.

2nd (of 4) W40 New Zealand Masters NZL 148:01
Gelderman Marquita 36:23
Prince Vivienne 50:28
Browne Christine 61:10
1st place was 129:08. Marquita's individual time was the fastest by five minutes.

Solid enough results. What's the gossip, Michael?

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 25 August 2012, 8:00 PM  
Classic today and Marquita was a very impressive 18th with only a 1 minute rout choice error.
She's annoyed with herself that wasn't so clean in the other 2 races.
Christine was about 54th in the final.
I managed a second to the same Check rider who beat me in the sprint. We both ride the fastest in the field but I had a bit more time loss. Michael was 7th and Viv Prince was 5th in W50.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz