maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

World Cup promo for 2013

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 29 May 2012, 7:27 AM  
With runners starting to head overseas soon for European races is there a way we can get hold of Oceania 2013 brochures and info to take. Perhaps if there are a few hundred (thousand) flyers available at QB we could divide them up between the Europe bound so we can get some good promo at events. Who should we talk to about this?

Show Profile  Keith Posted: 30 May 2012, 2:53 AM  
Good initiative Tom,
You might pick up a few more entries, but this needed to be done last euro summer. I think people are broadly committed to coming/not coming by now. Just to reinforce my previous rant :-)

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 30 May 2012, 6:19 AM  
Yes good idea, happy to make some space in my bags for some flyers.

Plus a working NZOF website might help too. Well at least make us look like we know what we are doing...or avoid some embarrassment at the very least...

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 May 2012, 7:37 AM  
Though the lack of a functioning NZOF website is embarassing, wouldn't enquirers go looking for an event website?

http://www.oceania2013.co.nz/oceania2013

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 30 May 2012, 3:25 PM  
NZOF website could be an alternative route choice to arrive at the same location?

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 31 May 2012, 12:11 AM  
I agree, I think most people enquiring about the competitions would go for 'orienteering' and 'New Zealand' as key search words...

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 31 May 2012, 12:34 AM  
Hmm... I note that Ross your blog is featuring on the top of the world of o wesbite. Perhaps a quick follow up blog entry about how excited you are to be coming home at the end of the year for a feast of NZO? People linking would perhaps see it. In the meantime others can 'like' the blog on the wesbite and keep it in the orienteering public domain for a few more days.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 31 May 2012, 1:29 AM  
Ross is excited to come home for sprint the bay

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 13 June 2012, 3:44 AM  
Haha, yep I actually read this after I just made my latest post about the NZ orienteeringlovemonth on World of O To be clear, and to keep everyone happy - I'm excited about both World Cups and STB!

Read my blog post from here: http://worldofo.com/ - give it a little thumbs up too, to help attract more people to NZ.

When I was writing the blogpost I looked for contact information for the Oceanias/World Cups - I couldn't find any, only for the entry form - am I blind?? If someone knows the main organisers contact page or their email can you let me know and I'll add it to the post.

Cheers!

PS. Sprint the Bay entries are open already 5 entries in the last few days - get in now to be in the early-bird draw!

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 13 June 2012, 3:49 AM  
Oh I actually found the contact info in the bulletin my bad!

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz