maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

STB 2012

Show Profile  James Posted: 22 November 2011, 12:00 AM  
100% sure we will have a camp. We spoke to the aussies when we were over there in October. Whether or not we get any help or assistance from NZOF, we will be going ahead with our training camp.

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 22 November 2011, 12:16 AM  
Hi James There is plenty of assistance from NZOF

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 22 November 2011, 6:48 AM  
I have been appointed as the Coach for the Aussies, I arrive on the 3rd, do STB, then will train until the 12th. Have a few already coming, Evan Barr, Bruce Arthur, Murray Scown and Bryan Keely. Ben Rattray, Oliver Mitchell and Mathieu McGuire are also very likely to go.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 23 November 2011, 2:37 AM  
Here is some more info about the camp. Note we are yet to contact clubs about using the maps listed. http://summerocamp2012.weebly.com/

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 23 November 2011, 2:16 PM  
Duncan we discussed this at lenght in Australia.It is now official that Jean and Alistair Cory-Wright have been appointed Manager/Coach for our World cup squad. You should keep them in the loop re camps.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 24 November 2011, 5:43 AM  
I have contacted them about it. We don't mind whether its an official camp or not. We are just keen to train together as a group and be as ready as we can for WC 2013

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 25 November 2011, 1:40 PM  
Love the attitude Duncan.Keep up the good work

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 29 November 2011, 6:26 PM  
The epic downhill sprint (Sprint the Bay stage 4, 2011) is in the running for course of the year on World of O from less than 50 courses. Show your support for STB and New Zealand and vote here: http://omaps.worldofo.com/course2011.php

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 29 November 2011, 6:27 PM  
*You can also win entry to some pretty cool events by voting!

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 6 January 2012, 7:09 AM  
Hey guys, under a month untill STB 2012. The maps and courses are coming together as well as the quality fields with over 15 internationals already enetered. Join them and enter at http://www.sprintthebay.org/
Remember this year we also have a schools competition so challenge your mates and see who is the best school sprinter in the country.
We have awesome prizes, cool maps and hopefully some sunshine this year! Get into it!

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 9 January 2012, 5:05 AM  
I wana come

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 9 January 2012, 12:06 PM  
What is stopping you?

Show Profile  Luri Posted: 12 January 2012, 4:13 AM  
Hello everyone,

I'm a Finnish orienteerer guy coming to attend STB2012 (and after that to spend the year 2012 as an exchange student in Australia). I wouldn't dare to to rent a car just for myself so I'm asking if there would be space in someone's car and/or accommodation?

Please answer here or contact me via email lauri.vuorinen@tut.fi.

Regards,
Lauri Vuorinen
Vehkalahden Veikot, Finland

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 12 January 2012, 5:04 AM  
If for some reason you can't make it to this years Sprint the Bay don't panic because you wont miss out on the action. We will be having live radio, live commentary (text and audio) and live video on the event website.
But if you can come you an still enjoy all this and more!

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 13 January 2012, 2:28 PM  
We have another map announcement. Stage one will now be held on a brand new map combination called Koponga Ride. This new map includes public gardens, model train tracks, forested valleys, school buildings and a graveyard. Will be exciting stuff for any race let alone a mass start!

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz