maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Rogaine world champs

Show Profile  DennisdM Posted: 12 September 2011, 1:47 PM  
http://sleepmonsters.com.au/news.php?article_id=4256&page_count=1&page_action=art

I see the World Champs are becoming an annual affair, could get expensive for us kiwis and aussies!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 25 November 2011, 6:49 AM  
It isn't clear whether the US one in 2013 is a one-off, or will be continued.

Anyway the next one in the established even-year pattern is 2012 in Czech Republic. And as last time, there's a limit, though larger at 1000. And a complex process to determine whether you can get in. Basically there's a list of people who pre-qualify by past results, then it depends on registering early. If you are at all interested, go to the event website and read Bulletin 1. It will be an advantage to register as soon as possible after 00.00 GMT on 1 December. That's 1pm NZ daylight saving time next Thursday.

The website is http://www.rogaining.cz/wrc2012 The date 31 Aug-1 Sep. The place is Prebuz, 25km NW of Karlovy Vary, which is 140km west of Prague.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 November 2011, 5:52 AM  
If you're interested in the World Rogaine Champs in Czech next year, register as soon as you can after 1pm tomorrow.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 1 December 2011, 3:39 AM  
As you were. IRF rep Nick Collins says that selection from the general category is by ballot, not first-in. Actually, the online entry form is not yet available.

There are also 6 slots available to be chosen by NZRA, details expected on the NZRA website tomorrow.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 December 2011, 2:59 AM  
At midnight 14 Dec GMT (which is 1300 on Thursday here in NZ Phase 1 of registration ends and Phase 2 starts. The process is pretty complicated but it looks like: 1. Those who pre-qualify have to register by Thursday 1pm or else they lose their special status. 2. The rest of us can register by Thursday 1pm and get preference over those who register later.

There were 362 teams when I looked just now, given that mostly they are of two people this means about 750 people out of the maximum of 1000 (less some slots earmarked for special purposes such as the limited country allocations, see above). So the door is still wide open. The message: register now!

What will happens after Thursday is that the pre-quals get offered a place and have 3 weeks to confirm by paying; the non-pre-quals get balloted into an order and then offered places; and those registering after Thursday get added on the bottom of the waitlist. I think.

Do it now. There are about 20 kiwi teams there, including Chris and Marcel.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 13 December 2011, 9:28 AM  
If you are wondering whether the Czech Republic is worth the effort (and expense) to go Rogaine in, I can assure you it is well worth the effort. I went and competed back in 2002 and it was stunning.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 January 2012, 10:31 AM  
Turns out that fast registration for the 2012 World Rogaining Championship was unnecessary. Everyone who registered by 14 Dec was accepted as the number didn't reach the limit, and 40 kiwis are "in". But the total number accepted or invited to pay has now reached 880, which is pushing the limit given the IRF wants to hold 150 places (out of 1000) for nationally-selected "wild cards". There are also about 50 people on the waiting list. The message is, you may get in if you register now, but not for much longer!

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz