maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Australia NZ Challenge and Oceania Champs

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 17 June 2011, 4:54 AM  
Although the closing date has passed, the Convenor of Selectors is still receving nominations for the ANZ Challenge in Australia 2nd-9th October. If you wish to be considered, Act now.... NZ has to advise Australia in the next 2 weeks, of the age grades being contested. The original notice is posted below. The Oceania website is http://www.oceania2011.asn.au/

Australia  New Zealand Challenge 2011: Call for member nominations

The next ANZ Challenge will be held on the 2nd and 9th October (last week of term 3), in conjunction with the Oceania Orienteering Championships Carnival in Australia. This week-long carnival includes the Australia  New Zealand Schools Test Match, a Pinestars  Bushrangers elite test match and four IOF World ranking Events for elites.

Nominations are now invited from people interested in being selected for the team. It is expected that the Challenge will be contested in the following classes, for each of which teams of three competitors will be chosen:

M/W -16A, -20E, 21E, 35A 40A, 45A, 50A, 55A, 60A, 65A and M70A

Nominations are to be sent by email [prwatson@xtra.co.nz preferably] or post to the convenor of selectors, Peter Watson (83 Porangahau Road, Waipukurau 4200) NOW! (before May 31, 2011) and should contain the following information:

1. Name
2. Address
3. Email address
4. Contact phone numbers (daytime, evening, mobile)
5. Date of birth
6. Current age class for 2011

Selection will be based on performance in the nominated age class in 2011 NZOF major events up to and including Queens Birthday Weekend 2011. The team will be announced by 30 June. The teams for the M/W -16A and -20E classes will be selected following the NZ Secondary schools Champs and will be announced by 8th August 2011.

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 29 June 2011, 3:48 AM  
Good to see a rush of people putting their names forward for Australia. But we are really lacking in the 35's and 40's (Men and Women). If you're contemplating the trip, the selectors would like to hear from you. Now.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 30 June 2011, 1:59 AM  
The problem is for the guys at least, most of the best 35-44 year olds still prefer to run 21E... and speaking as one of the "next best" M35's, if I'm right in thinking the visiting team decides which age classes are in the challenge, then I'd suggest NZ's overall chances are improved by a tactical ommission of the 35 classes ;-) Should be enough decent M & W 40's around though.

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 1 July 2011, 1:34 AM  
Hi Alastair - just one thing on this - I dont recall seeing a selection notice come out on this - certainly for me I was waiting for it and either missed it, or it didn't come out.

May need to look at multiple coms on this in future just to ensure message gets through...

cheers

Pete

Show Profile  bards68 Posted: 2 July 2011, 2:08 AM  
Im going to Oceania this year and will be competing in the m40.
If no one else more worthy is going I would be happy to be considered.
Any advice...

Show Profile  bards68 Posted: 2 July 2011, 2:51 AM  
*please ignore my previous post above*

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 21 July 2011, 9:37 AM  
Some Australians appear to know which classes we are contesting, what are they?

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 21 July 2011, 2:46 PM  
ACW There appears to be some delay in naming the team?

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz