maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7  

Nationals 2012

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 30 January 2012, 7:51 AM  
Where will you be running come national champs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAcy94Yj_FI&feature=youtu.be

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 January 2012, 10:18 AM  
How about splicing the visuals in with audio from the tennis?

Show Profile  Bryan Posted: 30 January 2012, 11:05 PM  
Hope that's a dummy map shown in the video as I can see a lot of the map.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 31 January 2012, 2:39 AM  
Ha, yeah that is slightly dubious if that is the map...and part of the course... most serious contenders would have an ocad map made from google earth though anyway.

Show Profile  darren Posted: 31 January 2012, 9:05 AM  
I've got the screen shot of the map on my toilet door, so I hope its the real one!

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 31 January 2012, 1:09 PM  
Smoke and mirrors.

Keep an eye on www.nationals2012.co.nz for more teasers.

Show Profile  NW Posted: 15 March 2012, 12:53 PM  
Hi, we're about to post updated program pages for the Middle & Relay with updated distances and control counts.
The middle also has the following comment added under terrain;
"Due to the consistent summer rains (what summer?) some not so lovely cutty grass has now sprouted, thankfully it is not prolific, but full leg cover is now recommended. Anyone foreign to cutty grass; it is a fine grassy flax that slices through skin like a bad paper cut. Ouch. It will win most battles. It especially likes arms, legs and faces.
You have been warned."

Show Profile  NW Posted: 15 March 2012, 12:57 PM  
Rob recently posted this comment;
"Waioneke is going to be really challenging both physically and technically, so we will have a model map on the way from car parking to the event centre to scare the crap out of some people, but at least make everyone respect what they will be going into. I believe it is as good as any area in NZ with the variety, very technical orienteering, and physicality on offer."
Cheers Stephen

Show Profile  NW Posted: 20 March 2012, 3:07 PM  
Hi everyone,
We've just posted this on the Nationals website regarding entry closure times.
"Postal entries close on the Friday 23rd and to be accepted they must be postmarked March 23rd or earlier and be received by the club by March 28th. Email entries will be open up until 6pm on the Wednesday 28th, at which point all event entries close.

T-shirt and meal tickets will continue to be available until 5pm on the 30th. You must pre-order a t-shirt as we will only print to order."

Cheers
Stephen

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 23 March 2012, 12:21 PM  
Programme is finalised for all events now.

Lot of climb on the long courses, with some lush vegetaion to bash through in parts. I'm expecting 90 minute winning time on course 1, so if you arn't in good shape run down a course. Course 2 has the top M20's running so winning time may be better than expected.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 26 March 2012, 6:22 PM  
Shouldn't Course 2 (all) winning times be based of the likely winning times of the athletes entitled to run this course? Its not like they got good overnight...

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 27 March 2012, 5:52 AM  
Reminder that online entries close tomorrow at 6 pm, so we can do the start draw with start times posted Friday

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 March 2012, 7:12 AM  
Hey Jamie, got a tough new job? Only orienteering mappers usu post after 2am.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 28 March 2012, 9:19 AM  
Jamie,

I'm trying to keep the M20's fresh for the relay so they kick your arse.

The fact is the W Elites will be doing really well to break 75 minutes, so why lengthen the course.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 29 March 2012, 2:10 AM  
You shouldn't have said that Rob - Jamie will probably DNF the classic now ...

1   2   3   4   5   6   7  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz