maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Nationals 2011

Show Profile  James Posted: 20 April 2011, 10:50 AM  
Well the facts weren't quite right for Ross' PB. I was there watching Ross run his PB, I timed him at 4:00.89, but the official result was 4:01. Which is quite a bit faster than the 4:10 mentioned

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 20 April 2011, 12:19 PM  
well spotted James, wish I'd been there too

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 21 April 2011, 5:16 AM  
Bryan - my reading of the programme suggests that the parking area is clearly outside of the competition area. So I think as long as we leave our street maps in our cars and don't take them to the event centre we'll be fine. Of course if you "accidentally overshoot" the parking area everyone will be watching you to make sure you don't use your street map to relocate back to it ;-)

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 21 April 2011, 5:20 AM  
Now my turn for a pedantic question regarding the sprint. I have shoes with metal STUDS, which given that it's not the flattest of sprint areas and there's a chance of a bit of rain on the morning of the race, they would be my first choice of footwear. (it's that or road shoes for me) The instructions ask us not to wear metal SPIKES. Is that specifically spikes, or metal "bits" in general?

Show Profile  DennisdM Posted: 21 April 2011, 5:56 AM  
Too pedantic I reckon Nick, "metal spikes" would mean any metal bits on the bottom of your shoes by my understanding. Both would wreck a wooden walkway.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 21 April 2011, 11:52 AM  
bare feet

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 21 April 2011, 2:01 PM  
ah... but what if I had metal nubbins inserted in the soles of my feet???

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 22 April 2011, 1:07 AM  
Bring it on

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 22 April 2011, 12:26 PM  
Wheres the results Val

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 22 April 2011, 12:34 PM  
Take it easy greg, splits are up on winsplits

Show Profile  jackabi Posted: 22 April 2011, 12:43 PM  
Results for the sprint up at http://2011.hborienteering.com/results.php

Winsplits to follow soon.

Show Profile  darren Posted: 25 April 2011, 10:38 AM  
Thanks HBOC for an awesome weekend of racing. Great areas, courses, event centre's, commentary, weather (mostly). You have set a new standard for all future Nationals to follow.

Show Profile  jackabi Posted: 25 April 2011, 12:46 PM  
Epic maps, epic courses, epic organisation, epic weekend. Was really good to see you all again. Hopefully I can run for longer than 20 minutes next year :-)

On a more serious note, all results and split times can be found on the results page of the event website.

http://2011.hborienteering.com/results.php

Show Profile  Chris Posted: 26 April 2011, 4:18 AM  
Thank you to you all for coming. We enjoyed putting the event on and sharing some great new areas with you. Getting back down the access track from the relays event centre turned into a spectator sport as the clay became slicker and quicker! Many thanks to the stock manager who drove some of the vehicles down for the less adventurous.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 26 April 2011, 5:16 AM  
Awesome Nationals!

Plenty of challenge for everyone, well designed event centres with great atmosphere, great technology with the radio controls and results.

Thanks heaps.

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz