maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  

JWOC 2010

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 6 July 2010, 12:06 PM  
go fill your hot water bottle up nic, it could be an early night to beddiebyes and an early rise tomorrow, unless the messages start flying in soon...

I really feel for the parents!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 July 2010, 12:52 PM  
I guess it shows how communication has changed, but I do feel surprised that in a fairly flat country there isn't some sort of telecommunication from the site. I remember a World Cup in Alberta I think it was 1990, the organisers had a landline to the event centre - there was a post with a phone on it for the media. Worse, the team has said that internet at the accommodation is restricted. I don't think the IOF should allocate any more events to Kazakhstan.

Show Profile  raewyn Posted: 6 July 2010, 1:14 PM  
Live results are going to be available with 5min updates soon promised by CBobach so fingers crossed

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 July 2010, 1:23 PM  
Well I hope so. With the rug pulled out from what I expected to be an evening of passionating and drama, I have had to resort to looking back at yesterday's results. I looked in vain for splits, are they anywhere? What about RouteGadget, each country runs their own RG site, anyone know the Danish one? All I could see were the route choices. I must say that the rectangular layout of buildings didn't look that exciting to me, not a patch on Havelock North village or (especially) EIT. And I hear that HB has reserved its best for Easter!

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 6 July 2010, 1:40 PM  
Splits from Sprint
http://jwoc2010.dk/results/sprint/index9.htm

Show Profile  raewyn Posted: 6 July 2010, 1:40 PM  
splits are available on the results link (if you can guess the danish words) or trial and error is another option) which I accessed at lunchtime today

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 6 July 2010, 1:43 PM  
I think this link is the more important one for the moment. :-)

http://www.jwoc2010.dk/tempres/CLASS.HTM

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 July 2010, 1:50 PM  
While twiddling my thumbs it seems like a good time to pay tribute to WorldofO.com, which often brings us more immediate news than the official websites. And its not just news, look at the other sections: Calendar, Runner profiles, Map Index, and Video collection. As well as this website, Jan Kocbach is also involved in developments such as GPS-allowed orienteering (with the map on the device). Thank you Jan.

Show Profile  raewyn Posted: 6 July 2010, 1:57 PM  
Long results are now going up on http://www.jwoc2010.dk/tempres/M20.HTM

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 July 2010, 1:58 PM  
Thanks Greig and apols to JWOC for the grizzle. And it looks like the organisers have succeeded, maybe Carsten told them about #8 wire. See Toby and Jaime are in.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 July 2010, 2:43 PM  
Warm down there in Chch tonight Greig?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 July 2010, 3:28 PM  
Well done Laura and Jula from OHV!
And Selena! Wicked. But now DSQ, commiserations.

This message was edited by Michael on 6 July 2010, 11:49 PM

This message was edited by Michael on 7 July 2010, 12:06 AM

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 6 July 2010, 3:59 PM  
Oh no, Selena seems to have changed from 1hr25min to DSQ. :-( Hopefully just an error.

Show Profile  raewyn Posted: 6 July 2010, 4:45 PM  
Angela finished in 73.10 not seen at radio control but on results page
Well done

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 July 2010, 5:07 PM  
Great run, top from English-speaking countries.
And Gene best kiwi boy! There's that number 7 coming up again...

This message was edited by Michael on 7 July 2010, 2:08 AM

This message was edited by Michael on 7 July 2010, 2:09 AM

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz