maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  

JWOC 2010

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 25 June 2010, 5:15 PM  
Hey everyone, our first pre race starts tonight.
See results here- http://www.vestjyskorientering.dk/pages/webside.asp?articleGuid=71319&menuGuid=38988

Also check out our blog - http://nzjwocsquad2010.blogspot.com/

Show Profile  raewyn Posted: 26 June 2010, 2:21 PM  
Hi Angela and All the Keen NZ JWOC Team
Glad to hear you have arrived safely and obviously getting the running shoes on and checking out some forests and streets.
Cold wet and dark here so enjoy the long days and warm weather. Hope the training goes well this week. Enjoy the sun and open sand dunes
Wish we were there!

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 27 June 2010, 12:31 AM  
Hey everyone, the results from the two races we have done so far are up on the website above

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 27 June 2010, 12:49 AM  
very nice.
i see the oz team taking a different approach running the longer courses, which does seem a bit odd to me since it's speed in the terrain that counts now.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 27 June 2010, 1:41 AM  
Paul, the events of the last couple of weeks should show you the goliath once known as the Australian sporting machine is on its way to a meeting with a slingshot.

Show Profile  raewyn Posted: 30 June 2010, 12:23 PM  
Thanks for the update on your blog page. Sounds like you are all getting plenty of challenges and daylight. Hope the food is good and you all load up this week for a big week of racing next week. Still cold and wet here. Have a great week of training. xx :-)

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 4 July 2010, 8:21 AM  
Common you ole farts and not-so ole farts out there....how about some messages of good luck to our Junior team over in Denmark....they really need your encouragement......just go on the "nzjwocsquad2010blogspot.com".

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 4 July 2010, 9:28 AM  
yes, i've been thinking about them all a lot and i'm guessing they're getting pretty nervous and excited at the same time.
Kia Kaha Kiwi's, and may you be at one with the terrain and map.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 July 2010, 9:56 AM  
They're gonna rock! All the best of luck guys! I'm sure everyone back here is working on getting some rest in before the week of late nights and excitement kicks in...

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 4 July 2010, 12:09 PM  
Yes Val
Good skills you young lot. Have faith in your ability. I believe this is the best team we have ever sent to jwoc and there will be heaps of orienteers in nz watching your progress.
The very best of luck to you all.

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 4 July 2010, 1:08 PM  
Yeah, good luck guys, have a fantastic week, and remember to enjoy!

I can't seem to get the blogspot site working Valerie - whats the full address??

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 4 July 2010, 1:16 PM  
See Duncan's posting at the top of the page. One extra dot.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 5 July 2010, 12:45 AM  
I had Danish for breakfast today in honour of our young legends about to eat up all that Danish terrain. Looking forward to some awesomeness this week!

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 5 July 2010, 4:41 AM  
Cool, the wait is almost over! Sprint starts at 8pm tonight; 10 hours time diff.... http://www.infonews.co.nz/news.cfm?id=54534

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 5 July 2010, 5:17 AM  
start times are out for the sprint
Scott 8.17 toby 8.32 matt 8.58 jourdan 9.01 gene 10.15 duncan 10.26
selena 8.18 kate 8.28 laura 8.41 angela 8.48 jaine 9.27 julia 9.47

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 5 July 2010, 6:16 AM  
From the JWOC website:
"JWOC live results will be published one hour prior to each event"

Awesome. Looks like they've contracted Head Honcho to make some predictions. Hope that the podium is full of kiwis!

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz