maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Museum Piece

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 March 2010, 3:53 AM  
I've got a hankering to provide a home for one of those old course overprinters. Anyone know where they ended up? There might be some other historic equipment that we could have a chuckle over, any ideas?

Show Profile  Selwyn Posted: 19 March 2010, 5:07 AM  
AOC has an old rubber stamping device. Most of the rubber numbers and letters are rather perished and now stored in place where they will become more perished. I personally would plesed to see it transferred to caring environment with Michael, but there may well be others in our club who treasure it more than I do.
It brings back many inky memories. But it was a big advance on hand drawing all the circles and lines with a plasstic circle template.

The Roland plotter was a marvel. No more placing of little sticky rubber numbers and circles onto the stamper. The plotter took a bit of setting up and then whirred into action buzzing crazily all over each map slowly drawing circles, lines, numbers and text. Just had to put a new map in the plotter every minute or two.
I don't what became of our club plotter; probably stored safely in a club member's home. It would make in interesting item in the Museum of Transport & Technology if restored to working order. Would probably have to find a 286 PC to accept the software.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz