maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Training weekend before Nationals

Show Profile  SarahG Posted: 26 January 2010, 7:50 AM  
Hey everyone.

At STB Rebecca and I were talking about how cool it would be to have a training weekend before nationals. Jamie Stewart also agreed. So if people are keen I will do the organising and Jamie will turn up, having been organised by me.

Looking at the calendar 13-14 March or 20-21 March would be good.

Sarah
graysara AT myvuw.ac.nz

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 26 January 2010, 8:10 AM  
Whereabouts Sarah? North or south?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 26 January 2010, 8:10 AM  
13-14 is Katoa Po All Night Relays in Taupo

Show Profile  SarahG Posted: 26 January 2010, 8:39 AM  
Central North Island, Rebecca suggested Rotorua or Taupo.

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 26 January 2010, 8:45 AM  
All Night Relays has almost certainly been changed to the 20th/21st.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 26 January 2010, 9:04 AM  
Everthing I can find says 13-14, hope you are not getting your information from Rob

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 26 January 2010, 9:10 AM  
Taupo have asked the AK clubs if it is okay to change dates and we are trying to change our first promo at Shakespeare to the 14th March. Taupo had some other events in the area they didnt want to clash with although now the clash is with the popular ARC adventure race in Whitianga, so I reckon they might be worse off.

Show Profile  darren Posted: 26 January 2010, 9:52 AM  
Sounds good, makes sense to tie it in with the Katoa Po (whenever it is). Training Saturday and Sunday with the Relays in between.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 26 January 2010, 12:42 PM  
For those in the South Island we are planning a training weekend last weekend in February. Sat at Naseby, Sun OY on Mt Ross.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 26 January 2010, 1:06 PM  
Sorry when have you been allowed to train on a nationals map right before the event?

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 26 January 2010, 1:50 PM  
Hello everyone,

At Katoa Po i will be organizing the pre and post relay events. We only have Whakaipo Bay to use so there will be a short distance (EWT 20 Minutes) before the relays and the next day we will have a chasing start loops race with a winning time of around 45-50 minutes.
Cheers
Duncan

Show Profile  Mike Adams Posted: 26 January 2010, 2:12 PM  
re greg's comment: there are lots of different parts to naseby. the nationals relay is on a different part of the map from the area the last few races. so training on there isn't really any different to training for last year's nationals on a woodhill map which wasn't an embargoed area for the competition.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 27 January 2010, 11:02 AM  
I'd just hang on a bit Sarah, wait for Taupo to ask the WOA clubs if its OK to change....

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 27 January 2010, 1:08 PM  
I asked Carsten if it could really be that Greg didn't realise that Naseby is a large area and obviously we're not going to be training on the part to be used for the Nationals relays, and he said that Greg was just stirring. I guess that's it, but sometimes Greg you should just use your time and energy to get out training.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 27 January 2010, 2:21 PM  
"just" the legendary Whakaipo Bay Duncan!

Choice, like the sound of the 20-21st. ARC would reduce the competitors by about 5 max, while not clashing with the Tararua Mountain Race would increase it by about the same amount of quality Wellington O Gang racers.

Looking forward to a quality training run on the Y2K and Mick backing up from the Tarawera on the long leg of Katoa Po!

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 27 January 2010, 2:23 PM  
W2K**

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz