maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Frank Smith Trophy

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 December 2009, 5:42 PM  
Its the interclub competition in WOA. A strong contingent of 30 from Hawkes Bay, including top orienteer Ross Morrison briefly home from Denmark, won the event from Wellington on the newly-extended Battle Hill yesterday. Results, Winsplits, RouteGadget via www.ohv.org.nz

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 December 2009, 2:25 AM  
Woops I used the fency map in RouteGadget instead of the no-fence version. C1-3 had no fences except for round the out of bounds.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 December 2009, 5:30 AM  
Ahhh, the race I was waiting for - Jamie leading Ross thru the forest and being overtaken in the second half! Spot the gremlin which has caused these grown men to take fright and creep slowly over one short easy leg...

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 8 December 2009, 11:06 AM  
Thank you Michael "overtaken" is a much better description than others I could have come up with. (eg pulverised).

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 December 2009, 2:22 AM  
You do yourself an injustice Jamie, you stacked up well against someone who has been living in Scandinavia. So did Bill - we now have the top three routes on C1.

Other runners, do you realise how course planners appreciate seeing where you went, its an important piece of feedback and improvement. Feel free to post written comments too.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 December 2009, 3:31 AM  
After checking by representatives of the top two clubs, I now declare these results final:
Hawkes Bay OC 113
Wellington OC 109
Orienteering Hutt Valley 58
Red Kiwis OC 19
Wairarapa OC 15
Orienteering Taranaki 0

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz