maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

TONIC 2009 - 30Oct-1Nov

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 19 October 2009, 11:06 PM  
Hi everyone - just a reminder to get your entries in for TONIC:

Auckland Orienteering Club welcomes orienteers of all ages, experience and abilities to this fun filled event - don't miss it!

ENTER NOW!

Event information, updates, entry forms, and other details will be available here at http://www.orienteeringauckland.org.nz/tonic09/

Four Events in Three Days
Sand Dune Terrain
City Parks
Golf Course
Dinner
A level status for Middle and Long

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 22 October 2009, 5:01 AM  
Hi Everyone, entries closed 21 October - but if you get your entry in by Friday 23rd October, you will get in before the official start draws.

We will be accepting late entries up til the event - however after the start draws they will be unoffical entries as detailed on the event website.
So enter before Friday 23rd October!

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 29 October 2009, 1:16 AM  
Start Lists and Event Programme V3 is on event website now...
http://www.orienteeringauckland.org.nz/tonic09/

Show Profile  Todd Oates Posted: 2 November 2009, 1:33 AM  
Thanks for the events team.

For the Multi-Sprint, is it possible to delete the "walking splits" from the Winsplits results? It would make it a bit easier to use.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 2 November 2009, 6:59 AM  
Please don't. I like to look at those winsplits results and dream that they have some bearing on reality ;-)

Show Profile  AllanJ Posted: 2 November 2009, 1:27 PM  
Results for the fun night event are the middle results. Any chance of getting them fixed?

Show Profile  GeneO Posted: 4 November 2009, 1:14 PM  
People complaining about the maze?!?
I love the maze, but it seems that the not so elite grades, ie older grades dont like it from what Ive heard through word of mouth.

"Its not enjoyable orienteering"

I can understand that coming from someone who dislikes the challenge of running through jagged branchs and snagging bushes. As well as from someone who simply finds it too tough to navigate through (which is no shame, the maze is tricky!) and would rather be still in the beautiful open pines with nothing more than pine needles underfoot.

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 5 November 2009, 12:17 AM  
We haven't had much in the way of feedback to be honest, so this is the first I've heard about the maze - most people I spoke to found it tough but enjoyable.

However keen to hear any other views! The whole idea of TONIC is to try some different stuff - some will work, some won't - feedback helps us understand this and improve :-)

Thanks!

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 6 November 2009, 5:02 PM  
A belated huge thanks to all the course setters and controllers and the many others who delivered a very good tonic, surely one of the best events this year with interesting and fast terrain with great courses.
The mini sprints were a laugh as the pressure came on some of us crumbled badly with Jeffs final stage route choice problems he threw at us.
The middle on the complex mushroom rd spaghetti contours tested map reading skills at speed in the fast open forest. There may have been some confusion over the level of tracks that were (not) included on the map, the no track concept I thought was cool, but maybe could have been advertised more along the lines of a contour only test (for A Grades), it reminded me of hard O-training back in the old days.
Last but not least the long at the maze, My course 3 would have to rate as one on the most enjoyable courses of run in a long while, mixing long and short legs, super fast and slow sections. Like last year the dead Jeep in the depths of the maze caught me off guard as I never took enough care, which it was obviously intended to do. Catering, good late spring weather, some friendly foreign visitors all added to the mix for a superb weekend that should be inked in on everyones 2010 calendar. 3 cheers to AOC.

PS. if you go directly to NZ route gadget from maptalk you can now draw your track, there was no link put in straight off the event web site.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz