maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

Sprint the Bay 2010

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 9 October 2009, 10:41 AM  
Hello all,
interested in a fun filled weekend of orienteering in a format never seen before in New Zealand. Prizes and all the weekend should be great, have a look at http://www.sprintthebay.com/

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 October 2009, 11:12 AM  
Please may I be the first to congratulate you - sprint orienteering is the visible face of orienteering, and the obvious answer to "I'm not travelling all that way for xx minutes of competition" is to pull several together in a series. Good one Morrisons.

Show Profile  darren Posted: 9 October 2009, 12:45 PM  
Sounds like fun, looking forward to it already.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 9 October 2009, 1:40 PM  
Oh and any questions just email us at sprinthb@gmail.com

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 11 November 2009, 3:08 PM  
Just another reason to come, Sprint the Bay is part of the New Zealand Superseries with the first race counting for points as well as the overall tour result.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 5 December 2009, 5:45 AM  
Online entry is now available here: http://www.sprintthebay.com/entry.html

We encourage people to enter before the 1st of January to avoid late entry fees!

See you soon!

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 27 December 2009, 5:04 PM  
Hello Everyone,
remember entries are now open until 7th of January so get them in soon. Martin Hubmann and Maja Alm have both confirmed they will be racing!
Cash prizes for the elites and so many other great prizes from dirty d are up for grabs.
Hope to see you all there.

Show Profile  .Kyle. Posted: 29 December 2009, 10:52 PM  
Wow you got Martin Hubmann racing?! How did that happen??

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 4 January 2010, 4:12 AM  
Anyone know what the SuperSeries scoring system is for Sprint the Bay weekend? It says on the website "The results from the first race and the overall tour will count for this part of the competition".
I'm assuming that this means that if you can't make the Friday evening race then you can't get any SS points.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 4 January 2010, 7:28 AM  
And then the next sprint race the next Friday afternoon as well, first 3 events, no points...

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 4 January 2010, 12:12 PM  
Perhaps a little harsh if you happen to have a job.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 4 January 2010, 12:39 PM  
Wouldn't be so bad if you had 6 months notice to arrange time off, but 2 weeks before xmas

Show Profile  darren Posted: 4 January 2010, 1:36 PM  
Looks like the Friday race for Sprint the Bay starts at 8pm, even if you finished work at 5 you would make it Brent. Greg, you should just work through your lunch breaks that week and knock off at 3pm, then you will have heaps of time to get there. Palmy the following week will be more of a challenge.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 4 January 2010, 2:56 PM  
Sprint the bay I've planned for, but I'd rather go to some proper orienteering the following weekend

Show Profile  James Posted: 6 January 2010, 8:09 AM  
Personally i reckon Sprint The Bay is probably gonna be the best event of the year! With the return of half of our mens WOC team for the competition, plus Swiss Junior Star Martin Hubmann, the mens field is gonna be awesome. Then in the womens, we have 2 out of the 3 Danish womens team, plus Piret Klade back the UK, our own NZ sprint stars up against home town girl Amber Morrison, this is gonna be intense! Then the race format is as exciting as ever, with an overall tour leader, sprint leader, hill sprint bonus, prize money, spot prizes............If you havent entered yet, i think you're a fool for missing out on the best event of the year! Entries close tommorrow, what are you waiting for?

Show Profile  Todd Oates Posted: 6 January 2010, 10:19 AM  
James, you need to calm down a little. I do think it's an event that people should make an effort to go to though.

Are the maps gonna be Sprint specs or "proper orienteering" maps on a gigantic scale? (Like old school park races)

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz