maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Kiwis in Oz

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 29 September 2009, 1:46 PM  
"New Zealand are comfortable leaders of the Southern Cross Junior Challenge, but the state competition looms as a thriller. Queensland are three points ahead of a three-way tie between the ACT, NSW and Tasmania." ... Orienteering Australia website

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 30 September 2009, 2:04 AM  
Nice if we could get some results up!! Electronic punching is supposed to make all this easier???? Before anyone jumps down my throat, Ive had two parents ring me whose children are in the NZ team wondering if ive heard anything! As one of our VERY knowledgable club members has said to me..."It doesnt take much, as the info is all there...just needs to be plugged in!"

Show Profile  addison Posted: 30 September 2009, 2:25 AM  
Pretty sure the kids have phones or email access?

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 30 September 2009, 2:28 AM  
We did a mtbo event there in May and results werent up after 2 weeks, and I've never looked again.

Must be an Australian thing, but is pathetic in this day and age, I must agree.

Show Profile  darren Posted: 30 September 2009, 3:16 AM  
Results and reports have been going up the day of the events on the Aussie Fed website. Can't ask for quicker than that really. - http://www.orienteering.asn.au/

Show Profile  darren Posted: 30 September 2009, 3:21 AM  
They are also on Winsplits - http://www.obasen.nu/winsplits/online/en/default.asp?start=true&ct=true

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 30 September 2009, 3:51 AM  
Pretty sure they were not on winsplits on Sunday night.

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 30 September 2009, 5:36 AM  
Thankyou Rob G that is correct. Simon did you txt your parents your results when you were on that trip, those not so many years ago....if you did you'd be one of the few??! These are boys 14-18 we are talking about. I just feel it lets the sport of orienteering down in this part of the world, thats all, and it is a shame.

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 30 September 2009, 5:55 AM  
Just checked win-splits and there are yesterdays results now on there.

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 30 September 2009, 6:18 AM  
If they could wirte up a report and have it on the Aussie website last night it cant have been too much extra effort for them to put the results up too?? Surely we were much better at getting results up at Oceania earlier this year!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 September 2009, 8:23 AM  
Ah dear, this thread was supposed to be about kiwis orienteering in Australia, not about organisational issues:-(( Wonder how the relay's going. Would it be slightly possible for one of those concerned parents to text or phone their kids from this end???

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 30 September 2009, 8:50 AM  
New Zealand won Senior boys, Senior girls and Junior boys and were third in the junior girls so a big victory.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 1 October 2009, 3:59 AM  
Woulda liked to see the finish of the senior boys (see OA website). Well done guys, Val you could tell us how many Southern Crosses we have won. Have we ever NOT won? We even twice won the earlier incarnation of the SC when it was NZ against all of Australia.

Some interesting stories hiding in the splits for the individual. Check out Angela vs Belinda Lawford in SG. And after a horror first leg Tim Robertson recovered well to run at Liam Paterson's pace - who was third JB.

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 1 October 2009, 5:48 AM  
Won all and I think this is the 7th...am pretty sure been going since amber was in 6th Form. Sad to see that NSW only had two girls in Snr Girls....may be a reason? Derek lugs that trophy over there every year and then lugs it back again....funny.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 2 October 2009, 4:40 PM  
The first trip in recent times was the one organised by Ray Pratt in 2002 where the relay was competed. After that NZ has won them all. Good stuff 2009 schools team

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 2 October 2009, 5:13 PM  
Relay report from an OHV perspective on www.ohv.org.nz.

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz