maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

WRC9 Entry Criteria

Show Profile  Nick Collins Posted: 14 September 2009, 2:00 AM  
Limit of 550 has been set by landowners. I note that at other events the limit started low and then was increased after negotiation. Ever hopeful.

Robert is right, retrospective qualification is not satisfactory and this (I think) reflects the IRF being a bit slow in recognising the issues. Hopefully by WRC10., this will be smoothed out.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 14 September 2009, 12:46 PM  
This DVER is a FDNA and EVA. Fantastic.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 14 September 2009, 9:38 PM  
I find it interesting that at least aspects of the entry criteria are focused on ensuring elite competition.

I hope in the future that the IRF will consider this factor when it comes to creating detailed guidelines for choosing appropriate terrain for a World Championship.

As a borderline elite rogainer, and rogaine event organiser I can't get over my sense of loss at the choice of terrain for the 2010 event.
I see it as a huge step backwards for the sport from the heights of the 2006 event hosted by Australia in the Warrumbungles.

A World Championships should be more than an inferior TWALK, or extended Heights of Winter, on the last remaining piece of Canterbury country side.

It could have been a showcase.

I am gutted this will be the only World Rogaine Championship New Zealand hosts while I am competing at an elite level. Gutted.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 15 September 2009, 12:30 AM  
What is wrong with the terrain Jamie?

I heard it was great.

Show Profile  Chris Posted: 15 September 2009, 1:56 AM  
Personally, I don't see any other way of doing it as qualifying events should be held before entries open. In addition, they need to be held with enough lead time for overseas competitors to organise their entries, accommodation, flights, leave etc. Perhaps the only flaw in the qualifying event selection is the lack of notification of them being WRC Qualifying Events prior to those events being held.

From my perspective,if you don't have automatic right of entry from winning at a qualifying event, then get your entry in as soon as entries open.

Show Profile  Chris Posted: 15 September 2009, 1:57 AM  
Neil, what on earth is DVER, FDNA and EVA? Or will I be sorry that I asked?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 15 September 2009, 2:14 AM  
You're problem Chris is you are looking to close, this is a rogaine thread, which means its cryptic and no where near where it should be.

Show Profile  The Map Guy Posted: 15 September 2009, 1:06 PM  
I too want to know what those abbreviations mean. The whole point of written communication is that other people get to share your thoughts. No point in "talking" to yourself!

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 15 September 2009, 2:51 PM  
Acronyms are frustrating arn't they. I think the IRF should come down here and sort them out. Starting with this thread entitled WRC9. Post Script: thanks for asking Chris and Map guy, my post is just a bunch of letters designed to intrigue and frustrate.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 15 September 2009, 11:46 PM  
wtf ru on nk? ++h20 in gbr? thc? c10h15n???

Show Profile  Chris Posted: 16 September 2009, 12:16 AM  
ok, I'm sorry I asked.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 16 September 2009, 2:35 AM  
Are you suggesting that the Walking and Laughing Karnival is inferior Jamie? HOW impertinent, I'll get Roger, Gail and Neil onto you..

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz