maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Auckland Champs 2009

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 12 August 2009, 2:51 PM  
Full details and entry form is now available on the Northwest Orienteering Club website www.nworienteering.org.nz

Will be a quality event with day 2 a new remap of Whites Line, and Day 1 on the flatter parts of Beautiful Hills with a bit of newly mapped low viz pines added on.

Just to make it very tempting for out of towners there is a sprint on the Saturday morning and very reasonable fees.

Show Profile  andrew b Posted: 29 August 2009, 9:55 AM  
Just a quick note about the Forest event on Day 1. Have spent time in the forest planning the courses and it amazing how much variety is packed into one small area. There is everything on C1 from steep native bush to pure fast white Woodhill forest, then abrupt changes into slow thinnings. A new area has been completely remapped and is p the first time I recall using it. It was originally part of the model map in the 1994 World Cup.It is very young pines on top of intricate small sand features with numerous clearings. It will definitely cause some trouble to anyone who is tired as it comes at the end of the courses. Entries close on the 8th of September

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 29 August 2009, 10:02 AM  
Sounds Awesome.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 29 August 2009, 10:13 AM  
Dont go talking yourself up already Brent, remember what happened at Nationals

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 30 August 2009, 1:29 AM  
Yes, I remember Greg. It was most embarrassing; somehow you managed to beat me in a race or two.

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 31 August 2009, 2:41 AM  
Is there any form or entry that doesnt a) require me to print out a form and post it? or b) one that I dont have to edit a pdf before emailing off? or c) am I just being too picky?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 31 August 2009, 8:16 AM  

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 11 September 2009, 12:15 AM  
Is there anyone coming to Auckland champs? Short answer - No.

What a fucken joke number of entries, no surprise tho when the club captain of one of the 3 Auckland clubs didn't even know it was on

Show Profile  addison Posted: 11 September 2009, 1:44 AM  
So whats the entry numbers like then?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 11 September 2009, 1:53 AM  
about 3/4 of the last OY

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 11 September 2009, 2:53 AM  
I'll be there Greg, wouldn't miss three cool events for the world.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 11 September 2009, 3:51 AM  
we're getting pretty slack when it comes to marketing> I know more about the ozzie 2010 event next easter than our own nationals, with tempting photos and interesting map snippets our friends over the ditch do very well to attract entries well in advance so you can plan holidays etc. (not to mention - find nice terrain, even if it is out of the way a bit)
We told the world masters people to come to nz but never gave them anything of interest to lure them here.
Our own Nationals next year, sure we got a nice coloured brochure early on but from memory there were no relivant terrain photos and map stuff. I may be wrong, I dunno, it's gone now like most pieces of paper, wouldn't it be better on the net. We were told to check out the club web site but after checking it about 50 times I gave up.
I must say papo did a good job last year though.

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 11 September 2009, 5:10 AM  
Is Auckland Champs on?

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 11 September 2009, 3:18 PM  
Paul, the website is having a major refit. Ive been sending strongly worded emails to my dad to get it sorted and nothing happens...however Im told it is in the process of being fixed. I have placed all relevant information on Maptalk while the rest of my club sort themselves out. The website Im told will be up and running ASAP. There is no map snippets as yet as there is currently no completed maps....the photos of Naseby are kind of relevant????

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 12 September 2009, 1:21 AM  
yes Tane, and I commend your efforts and can see there have been some problems. I was highlighting some issues that we generally have with our marketing because I think we can do better. Most of us know what to expect but if we wont to attract outsiders and overseas entrants during their winter we should think about it a bit more.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 13 September 2009, 6:14 AM  
September's too early for a champs race - even if I wasn't struggling with an injury I wouldn't be taking it seriously, and if anything I'm going more to catch up with various people (that is if anybody else IS there!) than any other reason.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz