maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

JWOC09 Rest Day

Show Profile  Norm Posted: 9 July 2009, 1:52 AM  
After the wild storm yesterday during the Long, we had great weather for the Rest Day activity included in the entry fee - bus to San Martino di Castrozza, then the Cable Car to near the top of the mountain, with a reasonably steep walk the last 200m of elevation to the top.

Spectacular views, a snow battle with the Brits, Russians and some Norwegians. Nice weather in the afternoon let everyone catch up with washing.

Some pics at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Norm.Jager/JWOC2009_07_08RestDay#

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 9 July 2009, 2:28 AM  
Nice, life looks tough over there. It's 30 degrees back here and everyone has their shirts off, oh no, just a dream.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 July 2009, 4:34 AM  
Fahrenheit.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 11 July 2009, 10:17 AM  
It's 30+ degrees here and the tourists have their shirts off (the locals are complaining about how cold this winter's been)

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 11 July 2009, 10:23 AM  
Seriously though, this seems as good a thread as any to congratulate the team on what's shaping up to be a pretty damn good JWOC week. Unfortunately I've missed all the action as NT Parks Service doesn't provide internet at their bush camps (just Sky and Free View) but it's been a nice little session catching up just now. While there's been plenty of well deserved comments on the top performers, I think the lack of middle dist C finallists (I assume there was a C final at least for the fellas) & the very very few placings out of the top 100 in the other races says a lot about the depth of this team. Proud of you guys!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 11 July 2009, 10:58 AM  
Oh NT not IT?? Thought you were representing us at the G8.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz