maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Online payment and club membership

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 27 April 2009, 6:45 AM  
A bit of discussion on attackpoint.org at the moment about the benefits of online-only event entry and a few interesting observations from North Am including:

"One area where online payment has meant a big increase in income is membership purchases. It is so easy to send an e-mail that says "Training event tonight is for members only - click here to become a club member". We had a big jump in membership numbers at both my clubs the first year we moved to online payment."

Show Profile  nick Posted: 1 May 2009, 2:24 AM  
i reckon its a great idea. no idea how to set it up, but a great idea!

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 1 May 2009, 7:14 AM  
Online entry and payment has been used for a while at some of the bigger events in NZ, has this reduced admin time?

I think anything that can reduce the workload of volunteers is a great idea. Getting people to enter and pay via credit card or something similar then exporting all their data so that it can be directly imported into the SI program seems to have the potential to save a lot of time. Could have a discount to enter online or a late fee to pay on the day.

I know at Papo that quite a bit of time is spent by helpers collecting money and forms with details on it and then getting this enter into the computer. It's probably at least one person an event that could be saved if most people entered online.

Some people here must have experience at doing this, tell us if it's worthwhile.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 4 May 2009, 12:07 PM  
Speaking of online entry, got a pretty sweet setup (thanks to Roger Woodroofe) at the Queens Birthday website www.madeventz.co.nz/qbday09/

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz