maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18  

World Games 2009

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 July 2009, 11:31 AM  
So it's Vinogradova and Gustafsson pretty much together in front, just over a minute back to Angela Wild who has a minutes grace before being run over by the Kauppi-Allston express & Egseth could join that party too! Man I wish I had the video working! Can they make up 2 minutes?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 July 2009, 11:35 AM  
Darren finishes 12th. Kazlauskaite prob in range for Tania but the Czechs are running the wrong Brozkova for NZ to catch them - so hope for 11th?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 July 2009, 11:39 AM  
Macinska (SVK) shouldn't be a threat & even if D'Harreville gets back to her best the French are too far behind, so we're looking at 11th-12th. But go on Tania, prove me wrong on the "best possible" side of the equation

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 July 2009, 11:44 AM  
Interesting developments - my jinx has worked on Sweden, Minna's got away from Hanny & Egseth, so last question is whether she can reel in Russia alone? Or is there more trouble ahead?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 July 2009, 11:50 AM  
and will I get Tracking loaded before it's all over??!

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 July 2009, 12:11 PM  
Tania and Inga having a girl-fight out there? they should be in by now

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 19 July 2009, 12:14 PM  
Well, first 10 are in, hope for 11th, def the worst day for tracking

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 July 2009, 12:22 PM  
I got the map up but nothing running on it. Thought I needed lessons on how to switch the damn thing on, but from Mick's comments maybe not. Will assume that the organisers have decided nobodies interested in results out of the top 10 so have killed their links. Wll go home and find out tomorrow, just like the "old" days. Bit of a fizzer to end on really, coverage wise

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 19 July 2009, 12:38 PM  
yeah 11th came thru, good stuff all round from the team, betcha they're all totally spent now after three tough days in the heat. Great stuff and superb efforst and results all round !!!!

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 19 July 2009, 12:39 PM  
(and would be great to watch events live one day, or even Per on audiostream would be cool)

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 20 July 2009, 2:31 AM  
Can you believe after Great Britains stirling effort for 7th they were disqualified as the last leg runner entered the changeover chute from the wrong side and consequently didn't pick up her gps unit

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 20 July 2009, 3:37 AM  
Fair enough

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 20 July 2009, 5:11 AM  
Agreed, pretty basic...if you break the rules you are liable to be punished...And good on the organisers for dsq'ing them.

Show Profile  Keith Posted: 20 July 2009, 10:48 AM  
Intrestingly, she (sarah Rollins) was compelled to post on nopesport
"I wasn't wearing my Trac Trac and I was disqualified.
Sorry to all. Otherwise I had a pretty perfect run.
It happened because there was no pre-starting pen check in and I came into the box from the other side where I had been standing in the shade. This meant I didn't walk past the GPS pick up point.
Very disappointed and of course feel bad for the team. It was a fantastic event. It was also extremely hot and humid and dealing with this pre-start with extra preparations to make sure I stayed cool for as long as possible, meant that I probably was distracted from the other important preparations.
Again, very sorry to all.
And the team ran fantastically, we all had solid runs and nobody made any big mistakes, unlike some other teams....
The gaffling was not 'fair' though, by the way, with some girls running the long gaffle which other teams had had their guys run."

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz