maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Nationals Picks

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 8 April 2009, 5:15 PM  
I know there's a few guys missing but I also think this year is stacking up to be something special with a very large number of guys in particular in awesome form.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 9 April 2009, 4:57 AM  
Yeah, too right Paul. Too hard to pick between rising stars and experienced campaigners hitting their straps at just the right time. And the race for only two places at the World Games makes it even tighter

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 9 April 2009, 1:47 PM  
OK, just for Val, I'll stick my neck out into some of the classes that I know far less about and make a few stupid predictions... First, the boys

M16 BJ Reynolds probably a clear favourite, Alistair Richardson, Liam Paterson & Nick Hann to at least fight out the minor placings if not win at least one title

M18 Brett Sceats & Matt Ogden. Ryan Cambridge in the sprint, Kyle Higham middle & long

M20 Jourdan (middle & long only), the Scotts Toby and McDonald

M40 Paul I to take the sprint, probably favoured over Darren Gosse and Dave Crofts in the long, the middle will be tough slow going apparently so if Paul drops one it will be the middle. If it's REALLY tough, William Power could sneak a placing

M45 Goodwin/Dalton/Swanson. Any order any race

M50 Always back Dave King in a sprint. Other than that, too open for me to offer any picks

M60 Wood/Aspin/Middleton. See M45!

M65 Gavin Scott - possibly a clean sweep.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 9 April 2009, 2:20 PM  
...and the girls...

W16 of the names I know, Selena Metherall should win sprint and long but don't know who'll take advantage when she runs up in the MD. Lydia Scott or one of the unknowns...?

W18 VERY TOUGH to pick... Jaime G and Erin P probably favourites while Jula (and Selena in the MD) most likely out of too many girls to name that could make the top 3. Anything could happen & it probably will!

W20 Angela in the sprint, Georgia in the long and I think the middle terrain will favor her too. Kate M next most likely

W40 Anna Robertson sprint & middle. Marquita's experience to beat Anna's speed in the long.

W45 Pamela Morrison and Raewyn Simpson are PROBABLY the favourites, but (apart from the sprint) a small grade that could finish in any order

W50 JCW, Pip Poole and Carey Nazzer. A few others could break in there though

W60 Trish Aspin & Royce Mills (leaning more to Trish) Someone from NW 3rd!

W65 Jill Dalton likely to clean sweep. Trish Faulkner and Val Robinson are the most likely to prevent her.

Apologies to all those in age classes that I have no idea for, either not knowing enough of the people or the standard's too even.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 9 April 2009, 2:24 PM  
Hope I've successfully fired up everyone I've missed out. Kick-off tomorrow, can't wait!

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 9 April 2009, 6:54 PM  
nice one Nic

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 10 April 2009, 5:05 AM  
in the M45 I have no doubt Chris Howell will be up for a title or two, so this grade will be very interesting. John Robertson in the M40 will be missed, I guess he's injured.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 10 April 2009, 1:58 PM  
Pleased to get 4 out of 6 with one impossible result.

Lizzie by 11 seconds, Lizzie Orchard(top track athlete and new to orienteering) Greta, Tania, Rebecca, Lara, Imogene, Sara, Rita, Amber mispunched So only 11 seconds off the biggest upset in orienteering history.

Karl by 15 secs, Jourdan by 17 secs, Tom by 11 secs, Carsten by 9 secs, Nick Harris, James, Bill, Matt, Simon J, Michael Adams,
Andreas, Tane, Greg, Neil,
Brent, Mark, Acw, Greig.

Darren mispunched.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz