maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

2009 NZ O National Championships Countdown

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 17 April 2009, 5:34 AM  
opps http://routegadget.orienteeringauckland.org.nz

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 19 April 2009, 5:35 PM  
On the routechoice website, the long distance map seems to have disappeared. "Ei Kartta!" It was there a few days ago.

When I link to the Nationals website from Maptalk, I can't get right back with the back button on my browser (IE7). Is that a problem with Nationals or with Maptalk?

Good to see 40-something routes in RouteGadget for each day. Better than we've had for some recent events. Very few women though. Is there a better way of selecting all runners on my course, than picking "all classes" and then having to know which runners to select?

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 20 April 2009, 4:46 AM  
1. The long distance event map is still available. There appears to be some sort of intermittent routegadget/server cache error of some sort.

I can reproduce the error in Internet Explorer and Firefox, and on two different PCs.

One way around it seems to be to close all browsers, start them again and force the Routegadget Java application to run again from scratch. Please give that a go and let me know if that helps.

2. Please can you be more specific - which link are you clicking on? if the link has an "open in new window" directive, then the IE cant go any further back is because its a IE new window. Why blame the websites?

3. Splitalyzer has a great feature - you can see what other classes also ran your course and can add them into the comparison.

a. Start Splitalyzer on the event you want.
b. Select your "class" from the class drop down box
c. The scrolling box beside the class will change to show other classes running on that course. Click on one or more extra grades in the scrolling box to include them.
Routegadget doesn't offer this feature.

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 20 April 2009, 4:50 AM  
I will add that, while setting up an event in Routegadget, it can present the runners by course or by class. As this is an event where the class is more important, the event has been set up by class not by course.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 April 2009, 6:49 AM  
Thanks Rog

1. Closed all browsers, started again and it worked. Closed the Routegadget tab and came thru again from the same browser instance and again it worked, so this does seem to be intermittent.

2. Eg the link in the first posting of this thread. But I discovered something funny when I was checking. Used above link to go to nationals. First click on the back button, nothing. Second click on the back button, nothing. Third click on the back button, and I come back to Maptalk!

Then I discovered that the same thing happens within the AOC website, eg returning from the results page to the nationals main page. Always needs three goes. Something in my browser - IE7 under Vista? But I don't think I've met it with any other website.

3. Given the modest number of people who are posting routes, I think that "by course" would be more useful. It's not so much fun playing me against myself...

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 April 2009, 7:24 AM  
Michael - it is called "Frames". But most of the problems are likely actually your local machine, with its cache.

With reference to #3, nature of the beast. Reality is overseas all grades have their own courses. The fact we double up, well should we even have grades or should people just run by courses? Should we simply just decrease the number of courses offered?

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 20 April 2009, 8:30 AM  
Roger,

Of the Nationals Events, I can only find the Relay - Test 1 and TEST 2. Where are the Sprint, Middle and Long?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 April 2009, 9:03 AM  
ACW these are located at http://www.routechoice.co.nz

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 20 April 2009, 10:50 AM  
Thanks Simon. Got it now. (just poor route choice)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 April 2009, 5:53 PM  
Thank you for your comment about frames Simon. I think I know what frames are, but I'm none the wiser about what to do about my machine or its cache. Would you care to elaborate?

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 21 April 2009, 6:01 AM  
Cache is specially printed paper and metal that lives in a wallet. Send it to me if you dont know what to do about it.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 22 April 2009, 7:15 AM  
Michael, the problem you are having with clicking the back button is not a problem at your end. It is a problem with the website.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz