maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Orienteers to Win Cash At Moro Madness?

Show Profile  runningbeast Posted: 2 February 2009, 5:58 AM  
As the name suggests the Cadbury Moro Madness is an off-road running/walking relay. Teams of 2-5 people (or solo people) complete as many laps as possible in 8 hours. One person from your team on the course as once.

In the past some orienteering teams have won cash for placing first in their catagories!

There are 3 different length laps to cater for different running/walking abilities. To introduce the madness element to the relay we will have some mystery activities (that any team member can do) to inject some strategy and more fun into the event. More details on these will be released closer to the event! In past events these activities included a three-legged lap and a sprint race through a bouncy castle obstacle course.

The event is aimed at all fitness levels from running club members to corporate teams. We encourage walking teams too! A party atmosphere will be created for teams throughout the day, with teams being allocated a tent site each. As you can see we encourage dressing up!

A section of the course weaves amongst the tent city so teams can transition in front of their tent site. The event is based in Riverhead Forest, Auckland.

Cash merit prizes and lots of spot prizes!

So get a corporate, or social team together now - If you've done the event in the past and bring along another team (as well as yours) then you get a 2 free people in your team.

Go to the event website for more details and on-line entries is at www.moromadness.co.nz

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 3 February 2009, 6:28 AM  
I made a moro madness 14 feb note and accidently left it by the pc, my wife has written below it 'valentines day'. Is she trying to tell me something?

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 3 February 2009, 8:17 AM  
Yes win the chocolate and she will be happy.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz