maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

The come back of Jamie

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 13 January 2009, 9:40 PM  
Looks like Jamie has returned to become sprint distance king. I was relying on you Brent to prevent such a disaster from occurring.

Show Profile  idiot Posted: 13 January 2009, 10:29 PM  
...better than the hairy back of Jamie

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 15 January 2009, 5:59 AM  
(evil laugh)....yes, unfortunately there is only one distance where talent triumphs over training. The rest of you plebs need to play more catching features ;-)

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 15 January 2009, 6:21 AM  
Sorry Chris. I tried, but didn't manage to break him until after the sprint.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 16 January 2009, 12:43 AM  
Don't worry Chris, there is a well known link between marriage, fatness and laziness in men (just ask any married woman) so this should only be a small glitch in sprint distance king standings.

Show Profile  jja37 Posted: 22 January 2009, 1:54 PM  
gidday

Chris, if only your eyes saw what mine saw on tues night at the hagley park 5km running race series. Of course you would have been running hard and not seen jamie fall to pieces had you been here but thanks to my legs being so useless and painful I got to jog about and watch the pleasure on all the competitors faces. Rob Jarvis who has been again training for a desert race due to happen in our coming winter was also sore after his efforts in the Croesus at the weekend.

When jamie came around for his second lap, running fast in second place, we saw him clutch his side. We happened to be in the best position too see him slow and begin side stepping.
Later he was walking across the park back to the start wearing a giant grin. He Had hidden behind a tree so that the others comming behind, Mat, Dennis D, Greig Hamilton, Lara, Penny, would not see him incapacitated.

Mysterious goings on indeed. A new DNF to add to the resume.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 24 January 2009, 8:27 AM  
Hahaha, heres a motto for all the youngsters and wannabees out there:

"he who does not train should not attempt to indulge in elite sport"

Geez that first lap was beautiful though, I have some nice acceleration at the moment, looking forward to seeing you all at Massey!

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 24 January 2009, 11:13 AM  
I reckon his secret is having such an aerodynamic noggin...

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 24 January 2009, 1:13 PM  
And superior breathing techniques due to the stategic removal of certain teeth - I am off to the hairdresser and the dentist this week. If you can't beat them you may as well join them.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 25 January 2009, 2:17 AM  
maybe you're onto something Soggy biscuit. Although I imagine a nicely broken jaw that lets your tongue hang out like a panting dog's may be more effective than the removal of said incisors.

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 25 January 2009, 4:02 AM  
Soggy I'm afraid I think even if you had all your teeth pulled and a full body wax you still wouldn't have the speed Jamie does. There must be something more...

Show Profile  greenteeth Posted: 8 February 2009, 8:06 AM  
Don't make fun of the poor man's fangs... Some of us are born a bit special while others make good over time.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz