maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

Oceania Results

Show Profile  rossmnfg Posted: 3 January 2009, 7:51 PM  
Where are oceania results and splits going to be posted?

Show Profile  rossmnfg Posted: 3 January 2009, 7:51 PM  
and when?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 4 January 2009, 12:13 AM  
Surely it's just a matter of following the clearly displayed "Results" link on the event website.... oh, hang on... maybe via "news"... no, not there, under "events" perhaps... no...
;-)

Ah well, thanks to Keith's AP log I can tell you Ross that Matt Scott took out M21E in just under an hour on day 1. Hopefully more will be revealed as the day goes on!

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 4 January 2009, 12:20 AM  
Hey Ross....remember you are in Europe now, this is NZ! I too have been waiting and looking. Dad 5th, kate 4thish, Amber about the same and duncan won, the other 400 people i have no idea...oh James Tinker from NBHS got 2nd. LOL

Show Profile  rossmnfg Posted: 4 January 2009, 1:56 AM  
Thanks ma.
Who won elite guys? I got my money on Miika Hernelahti, thats a pretty fast sounding name :D

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 January 2009, 1:57 AM  
I'm still trying to track them down to put on the website...Managed to get through but only could garner the Mina from Finland won and Line second, Matt 1st...will put on web and on infonews etc when I can get them

Show Profile  rossmnfg Posted: 4 January 2009, 1:58 AM  
Oh, sorry... Matt scott.
Well thats pretty fast sounding name too!

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 4 January 2009, 2:02 AM  
Correct me if im wrong...but hasnt the organisation for this event been happening for the last year??

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 January 2009, 2:11 AM  
It's the combination of late starts (delays due to Dance festival attendants leaving in opposite direction), nil phone coverage at Canaan Downs, a late finisher and the results-laptop heading off to the next event in Blenheim that have left the results in an elusive state. Will keep searching; Benheim results are coming through about 3-30ish.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 4 January 2009, 2:42 AM  
nice work Matt, getting some practice for when the big boys (like Darren ;-)) join the carnival mid week...

oh and Matt and I were talking a week or so ago, and were wondering about the clash with the rave. We thought it would be amusing pjama clad orienteers and drugged up "hippies" sharing the forest...didn't think about the traffic jam...

Can't wait, orienteering tomorrow!!

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 January 2009, 3:14 AM  
OK here's what we have so far:

1 Matt Scott 59.36, 2 Carsten Joergensen 1.01.29, 3 Michael Smithson 1.06.12, Miika Hernelahti, Bill Edwards, Mark Lawson, Simon Jager, Alistair Cory-Wright et al

1 Mari Vaananan 1.04.42, 2 Lara Prince 1.09.06, 3 Line Soderlund 1.09.46, Rita Homes, Jenni Adams, Amber Morrison, Sarah Gray

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 4 January 2009, 4:15 AM  
I don't think you can blame the organizers for not having results up straight away.
1. This was billed as a warm-up event, reasonably low key.
2. As Mick said there was no cellphone coverage and the organizers were still there at 8:45pm getting the last of the controls. I know because we were there to take them away.

The rave people were supposed to be coming out the day before but then they asked for an extra day for people to be able to camp. O oganizers were going to move to Rabbit Is but some of us said that instead to move the starts to afternoon as it's such a nice location to be. Ravers were supposed to be out by 12 but getting stoners orgazed can't be the easiest thing. They all claimed they were told to be out by 3pm which meant they were coming out just as we were coming in. Many were very useless drivers - "Go up on to the edge" me to wasted looking dude, after I got out of the car after 10 minutes of waiting while red cross van and a car stood facing each other - dude moves 1cm to the left with still half a metre to the edge of the road - repeat exchange several times!

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 January 2009, 5:48 AM  
So I guess the chances of ever having a combined Dance Festival - Multiday event at Canaan Downs are pretty slim now?

Show Profile  jayjay Posted: 4 January 2009, 12:00 PM  
I am ever grateful to the workers in the results tent and the controller on the day which, must seem never over.. I hope you get a well earned rest in Christchurch.. I hope the air was not too thick with purple haze and patchouli? I had to guess where the results may be posted.. in 'events' and then results ..but OH no! only the top elites.. my dearest are down there without me and I NEED to know.. If only to sleep peacefully at night..Please post all the results soon and the winsplits would be even better Cheers.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 January 2009, 12:13 PM  
Rest assured, young man, the results are now only an hour from Christchurch and should be making a u-turn from there emailtronically to get to wello and online well before the pumpkin hour strikes...

Show Profile  addison Posted: 4 January 2009, 12:51 PM  
All the more reason why the Stewarts from Auckland are totally unsung heros in my opinion. Normally results are posted before people even manage to get home!

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz