maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Evolution of Maptalk (Australia)

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 8 December 2008, 11:42 AM  
Just clicked over to Aussie maptalk (a very rare thing for me).

From brief impressions it is quite interesting to see how the same platform is evolving quite different from our Maptalk.

A lot of their discussion seems to concern specific events and experiences, with links to some maps posted. I can't recall us having done this much in the nearly 10 years of kiwi maptalk, although there has been more of this type of discussion on attackpoint.

With nobody really stepping in to get route gadget up and running properly might be something to think about.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 8 December 2008, 12:05 PM  
thats cause they already used attackpoint as we use maptalk

Show Profile  footprints Posted: 11 December 2008, 5:36 AM  
Newcastle Club uses Maptalk (Australia) as a site for club members to comment on club events. Some of these comments are repeated on trogs on Attack Point, but not everyone wants to expose their training activity (or perceived lack of it) to wider view.

Maptalk keeps all of the comments together, with links for each event from the club website. Unfortunately there has been little uptake of Maptalk from other Australian orienteers either as a wider discussion forum or for specific event discussion - it is certainly appreciated by Newcastle club members.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 11 December 2008, 10:04 AM  
things take time I remember when maptalk started off in NZ it was just a forum for the likes of fraser, dave barr, robc, stubarr, andrewt, neil, brent, markh and I to slag each other off on (sorry if I excluded any notable contributors, my memory fades.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz