maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Simplification

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 May 2008, 8:45 AM  
Effectively these are permanent courses, except that perhaps maps and choice of controls for a particular purpose may not be available other than at certain "events". Most of the rogaines I've been involved in have semi-permanent features but if someone wanted to re-use it now, finding the map and the coresponding set of questions would not be easy. I wonder what the answer to this is?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 26 May 2008, 9:22 AM  
Here's a little one, but every little bit counts. Do away with written control descriptions. This month's CompassSport discusses this in "Controller's Conundrum".

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 August 2008, 6:46 PM  
Now been to the event that I talked about in May - entering with a simple email. As before, it was extremely well organized. The event center was a camping ground completely taken over by the event, with good facilities including a bar. 3 of the 5 days were in the forest immediately surrounding, with the finish right in the camp. PA system, music, beer relay, etc etc. Most impressive was a set of national flags hung above the corner of a small lake - including the NZ one.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 21 August 2008, 12:11 PM  
I wouldn't say that a simple email is an organised process!

Show Profile  leepback Posted: 25 August 2008, 5:48 AM  
SteveO

You have to watch those powerpole numbered events as often the poles are numbered sequentially along the street. It is then possible to check a couple then count down to the circled spot and work out the number without actually visiting "the control".

Show Profile  leepback Posted: 25 August 2008, 5:50 AM  
OK those newer SI sticks hold your details but what if I'm distance hunting and change my classes all the time?

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 25 August 2008, 5:10 PM  
go for a training run then theres not an issue!

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz