maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

South Island Champs

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 26 April 2008, 2:25 PM  
Results can be seen for the Sprint distance and the Long Distance at splitsbrowser.org.uk
I wanted to post them on winsplits as well, but don't seem to be able to get the right file to them. Is there anything sneaky that I have to know to get it right?

Show Profile  Bryn Posted: 26 April 2008, 9:06 PM  
Good run Scotty!!!!!

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 27 April 2008, 1:00 PM  
Awesome Event! Great courses and maps, and excellent competition. Some great runs by a number of the Juniors, including Scott McDonald, Lizzie Ingham and Greta Knarston. Carsten Jorgenson still showing his form with a convincing win in the Classic.

There was a small discussion amongst a few of us about the placement of no.8 on the M21E course today at Flock hill, but after going back to collect some controls I can confidently conclude that yes it was in the right place, and that me, Neil and anyone else who lost time here sucked!

A big thanks to all the organisers.
Cheers, Chris

Show Profile  RikiCambridge Posted: 27 April 2008, 2:20 PM  
I was getting very worried that I had spiked the control in the wrong place. Good to know that my navigation was good some of the time. Just need to learn how to run down hill. I lost minutes on the last few controls!

This message was edited by RikiCambridge on 27 April 2008, 10:53 PM

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 27 April 2008, 3:36 PM  
Last year when I had a problem getting the file to show up on Winsplits, the developer Matt gave me this as the reason "Try to use another delimiter character than comma, such as semicolon or tab, when creating the csv file. There are extra commas in some club names in your file which interfere with the delimiters." and there were too. Once fixed it uploaded and showed okay.

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 28 April 2008, 12:52 AM  
...who used my username?

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 28 April 2008, 12:57 AM  
carsten use the html split version

Show Profile  addison Posted: 28 April 2008, 1:37 AM  
I thought that was a bit too intellectual for you Bloomers!

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 28 April 2008, 11:43 AM  
Work it out! Whose computer have you left your login and password saved on!!!

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 28 April 2008, 1:05 PM  
hmmm i dunno?

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 28 April 2008, 1:20 PM  
I agree with what Chris said. Awesome races, Scott is on fire, the organisers deserve a massive thanks and that him and I sucked.

This message was edited by Neil K on 28 April 2008, 9:22 PM

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 28 April 2008, 1:54 PM  
If it's any consolation, it took me about 5 minutes to find the red tape when putting out controls on Saturday afternoon. I put it down to 1hr 43mins of Dalethorpe oxygen-debt, and the strange voices echoing around those spooky building-sized boulders.

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 28 April 2008, 2:50 PM  
Yep, agree with the comments - fantastic weekend and big thanks to PAPO for all the efforts in putting on a top set of events. The sprint was an eye opener - never thought a sand/dune map would work, but heh, it was fast and seemed to work a treat. Dalethorpe was a lot of fun, albeit some of the courses were a little short below the E grades. Flock hill required strong concentration in amongst all those boulders - a challenge after 3 previous events! All in all some real variety and range of terrain - well worth coming down for us non-mainlanders. Thx again!

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 29 April 2008, 1:54 AM  
Winsplits for Dalethorpe and Flock Hill now up

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz