maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Feedback on Maptalk Events

Show Profile  addison Posted: 3 April 2008, 1:34 PM  
Hi Guys,

Well there is the strategic workshop coming up. At this I would like to have a it of a get together with those who are interested in providing a few ideas on Maptalk Events.

If there is anyone else who has an opinion on what to change, I would be real keen for you to post it here.

One thing however is that lots of people have recommended things along the lines of having a field for 'setter', 'controller', 'coordinator' etc. This has added complications of making it perhaps too much of a hassle to fill out, and there would be more people leave this information off than would likely put it on. This could probably be better suited to having in "other details" etc.

Whats your thoughts?

Simon

Show Profile  o'man Posted: 3 April 2008, 1:47 PM  
Hmmm, one advantage of explicitly having these fields would be that people would know what information you expect to have entered where, although probably best not to make it compulsory.

If you instead just have an "other details" field I suspect that most would not think of entering the setter/controller details there...

Show Profile  addison Posted: 3 April 2008, 1:55 PM  
Agreed, but Maptalk Events is more of a portal for core information with additional info being possibly found on club websites etc.

I am not against having these fields, just at present it is hard enough having people fill out key details such as contact person let alone setter controller etc.

There is also the possibility that I will make compulsory fields for name, location, and all the contact details. This means that anyone new to the sport will have those details that are required, that many people are not putting up.

I will also look at having a 'last updated' field so that we can see how recent the information is?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 April 2008, 2:09 AM  
What does the orienteer need to get to the event? Not the controller etc, this seems a bit organiser-centric to me. If you really think those credentials will attract people, you can use "other".

Now what I need to go orienteering today, and the posting for my nearest event doesn't have it, is the time of day. Could be a separate field. Perhaps it could be combined with "pre-entry" as a field called "Registration" with options for a date (prior to the day) or the time span (on the day).

Thanks for adding "Land Access Responsibiltiies". It would be noticed more at the top. Without land access....

And will you PLEEEEASE change the label for the "Sport Ident" field to "Punching System".

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 6 April 2008, 4:06 PM  
"Punching System" doesn't work! as every event would answer 'yes' even if it's clipcards!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 April 2008, 5:36 PM  
Well the field "date" seems to work OK. You can put in 1 Jan 08, 2 Jan 08, 3 Jan 08, 4 Jan 08, 5 Jan 08, 6 Jan 08 and a number of other possibilities.

Sorry Martin, I see what I've said. It's not just the label that needs changing, its the options. Simon knows.

This message was edited by Michael on 7 April 2008, 10:49 AM

Show Profile  mark Posted: 7 April 2008, 1:55 AM  
I don't think the rss feed is working properly?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 April 2008, 2:30 AM  
which one mark? in what way?

Show Profile  mark Posted: 7 April 2008, 6:36 AM  
Sorry, they are working. I did something weird.

Show Profile  Wheel Barrow Posted: 11 April 2008, 11:30 AM  
What about a field for start times?

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz