maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Uni Games

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 12 March 2008, 1:27 PM  
Orienteering is included in the uni games this year in Rotorua. Anyone going to go and do it? Rumours are it is a staggered start score event in the Redwoods.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 12 March 2008, 1:36 PM  
i'll be there. i've heard staggered start score event too somewhere between 45-60min

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 12 March 2008, 2:13 PM  
If its Uni games I suspect their meaning of "staggered" is different to yours - probably means a mass start after drinking a dozen Tui's first!

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 12 March 2008, 2:58 PM  
uni games has changed a lot since you went pete... "its all about the sport now"

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 12 March 2008, 3:19 PM  
Its the week before Auckland champs, have been tossing up over whether to go or not. But to be honest Im not to keen on the whole score event thingy, requires to much planning and thinking before hand...

Show Profile  marcusd Posted: 12 March 2008, 11:57 PM  
What about a score Booze-O? Would that get everyone interested? Surely more in the spirit of Uni games as well. I should have a word to Brent and see if we can organsie something...

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 13 March 2008, 8:14 AM  
Brents idea of a score booze O involves lots of girls ....

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 13 March 2008, 9:36 AM  
Its a sad day Simon when Uni's stop mixing drinking with sport!

Trust Elmo to bring up girls - thats all we heard about when we shared a ride back from Kaweka - oh, and his dodgy split times on a drive he did from Wgtn to Akl - apparently did it in 4 hours or something - and without breaking the speed limit....

Show Profile  marcusd Posted: 13 March 2008, 11:07 AM  
Pete s - couldn't agree more. Uni games should be about the social side, perhaps something Brent could excel at! Since it is in Rotorua it looks like a good week for him!

Show Profile  Clare S Posted: 1 May 2008, 11:54 AM  
uni games are the same as always, lots of booze still - the victoria uni did it in fine style and all those who just said they were from victoria too.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz