Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

otago champs

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 8 March 2008, 9:54 AM  
http://www.obasen.nu/winsplits/online/en/show_event.asp?id=9029

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 8 March 2008, 9:57 AM  
http://www.obasen.nu/winsplits/online/en/show_event.asp?id=9030

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 8 March 2008, 9:58 AM  
heres the results sprint first then middle... good day for orienteering!

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 8 March 2008, 10:05 AM  
http://www.splitsbrowser.org.uk/splitsgraph.php?eventId=2689
http://www.splitsbrowser.org.uk/splitsgraph.php?eventId=2688

and again but need JAVA

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 March 2008, 11:26 AM  
Good work Simon, looking forward to seeing whether Bruce has won again. Wish I coulda been there. That UK splits browser is good isn't it.

Isn't this a superseries round? What's happened to it, there's nothing on the website from the Waitangi round yet.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 9 March 2008, 1:28 PM  
Nothing on superseries webpage becaues HP director has spent the last three weeks making maps and preparing courses for the event in question. Seemed more important to get the actual event ready than having a preview...

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 10 March 2008, 4:15 AM  
Jamie did a brief preview on Maptalk News

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 11 March 2008, 4:45 AM  
What happened in the classic, and will results ever be available?

Stunning runs by Bruce Mcleod on the first day to show he's still got it, despite being many years away from orienteering and not as fit.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 11 March 2008, 5:02 AM  
I don't feel so bad now, after he blew us away on R1 at Waitangi.

Yeah Bloomberg, you lure us in with your very speedy post of Saturdays results, then make us go crazy checking for Sundays results every 5 mins to much frustration. What a tease!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 11 March 2008, 5:37 AM  
Dont blame Bloomberg he is not the one that wouldn't use sport ident on Sunday

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 11 March 2008, 5:58 AM  
I was told that the results should be available tonight on http://www.dunedinorienteering.com/ as the organisers weren't going straight home. But as far as I remember the results .....
Men
Chris Forne 81 something
Matt Scott 82 something
Jamie Stewart 83 something

Women
Jenni Adams 59 something
Greta Knarston 60 something
Tessa Ramsden 60 something

And for the more prcise stuff you'll have to wait for the real thing (the good old clipping card results) or maybe somebody else has a better photographic memory and can supply better more accurate stuff.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 11 March 2008, 11:52 AM  
geez garden, chill out bro!

Awesome, awesome weekend of orienteering! It doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks Carsten, Tane, Bunny, Nick, Ake and all others involved, Awesome.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 12 March 2008, 3:59 AM  
I share Rob and Paul's interest in the results, and one of my goals when I was involved in the Superseries was to try and generate interest in top performance from ordinary orienteers. If we couldn't do that, what hope do we have in the general public?

An important aspect of that is prompt results on the web. Where I couldn't get a computer list onsite I could always write down the elite results from the string before I left - this was before I had a digital camera! Then onto the web as soon as I got home.

So I look forward to the superseries standings post Waitangi - did Ross have enough support to put Central Magic in the lead? And then post Naseby, has Southerly Storm used its proximity to take over?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 12 March 2008, 5:25 AM  
Agreed,

Although you should know by now Michael that NZOF job descriptions aren't exactly realistic. And NZOF employed people must decide on what they focus on (this will vary from person to person). The rest of us just need to jump in and fill in the gaps, which we do our best to do.

Instead of criticism more of a pool of people, competitors and not, actively working to run and promote the super series is whats needed.

Just like to take my hat off to my volunteer of the month. Bloomers!! On SI, all Waitangi, recent PAPO events,Naseby and probably more, cher bro!

Show Profile  mark Posted: 12 March 2008, 5:39 AM  
The organisers are simply not aware of any urgency to get the results out. They don't know about the small group of orienteering geeks that are constantly checking the internet for results. Even if they did know, they probably wouldn't give a toss.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 12 March 2008, 5:46 AM  
I think all three of you above have true comments. The question is how do we get everyone with the same goals. I would suggest realistic job descriptions is a priority...then we know what can and can not actually happen and then make some strategic decisions as to which jobs are the most important.

Also I agree that Bloomberg is the man. And he does it all with a smile on his face too.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz