maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Flags

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 4 March 2008, 10:13 AM  
The Waitangi events showed a level of class in the event signage, with the Buff wind blade and finish arch. Reminded me how tatty my club (and shop) signage is.

The wind blade (fibreglass bendy pole with tall thin flag that slips over it) looks modern and I think may be more practical than rectangular banners with ropes that need suitable trees. Been checking out bespoke prices and they are fairly costly. But I see that Flagz in Pakuranga do standard one-colour designs with the words Cafe, Open, Sale etc. for $225 incl ground spike or waterbase. Strikes me that there should be a demand for "Start" and "Finish" amongst many sports. Before I talk to them about it, anyone like to visit them and check out the quality of these things?

Show Profile  Raewyn2 Posted: 4 March 2008, 1:30 PM  
I have a contact here in Rotorua who prints these types of flags and the street banners we have in Rotorua advertising upcoming events. I am sure he would be keen to talk with you about what you would like. I have emailed him files and had it printed up with a very satisfactory result. Not sure if he will source the base but I'm sure he can put you on to the right person. Emmanuel Print Limited 88 Pururu St Rotorua emmanuelprint@xtra.co.nz

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 4 March 2008, 2:56 PM  
I'll try and get to have a look this week Michael - will report back in due course!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 4 March 2008, 11:13 PM  
I have been thinking for a few months now that this would be an ideal role for someone (partly paid) for the NZOF in development.

Sourcing cool looking orienteering signs
Sourcing cool looking orienteering flags, club flags etc
Sourcing funding from gaming trusts for maps and sportident etc

Show Profile  AlanHorn Posted: 5 March 2008, 12:21 AM  
Flagmakers here in Welly also do the bendy ones.
http://www.flagmakers.co.nz/home.htm

This is the company that made the rectangular flags for a lot of clubs.

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 5 March 2008, 1:36 AM  
Simon, there is already a contract position available for someone to do jobs like this in the current NZOF Vacancies.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 March 2008, 2:01 AM  
Been into Flagmakers Alan. They don't have any stock ones. And the price for a one-off looks like being around $800 depending on the base fittings. Flagz stock ones are $225 small $275 big I think. So I need to figure out if we are comparing like with like. Only then can we proceed to persuade Flagz that there would be enough demand to add "Start" and "Finish" to their stock ones.

This message was edited by Michael on 5 March 2008, 10:05 AM

Show Profile  darren Posted: 5 March 2008, 3:02 AM  
I had some OPC flags (the big ones) made up by FLAGZ last year and the quality is excellent. Simple to set up and it is worth getting both the stakes (for in the ground) and the bases (that can be filled with water) for concrete and indoor setups.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 5 March 2008, 3:20 AM  
We made a couple of custom flags using Flagz a couple of years ago and found them to be fantastic, the finished product was and still is great too. The cost was about $700 , however we negotiated a deal with one of our suppliers by using some of their artwork and logo, this way we got a second flag free effectively making each flag $350. They are quite big!
You can put whatever artwork you want on using tif and pdf files.

Helen Carruthers (Flagz Key Account Manager) helped us emensly through our project from wo to go.

Flagz Group Limited

55 Ben Lomond Crescent, Pakuranga

PO Box 38 519, Auckland, 1705

Phone: 09 576 7888, Fax: 09 576 6888,

Mobile: 021 983 080

Email: sales@flags.co.nz

Flags - Flagpoles - Banners - Pennants

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz