maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

JWOC Maps

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 7 January 2008, 2:29 PM  
If anyone is interested in the maps (as pdf) for this year JWOC in Gothenburg, Sweden. They can be downloaded from http://www.nzoc08.com/jwoc/jwoc.zip (10 Mb)

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 20 May 2008, 1:53 PM  
Just reminding the jwoc runners that the maps from this year are still available at http://www.nzoc08.com/jwoc/jwoc.zip

If any one has any questions about the maps let me know. I´ve been running on these maps from about 150 times, for the classic distance, to 10 times for the sprint so I hope I can give you some tips and pointers if needed/requested.

Show Profile  Norm Posted: 21 May 2008, 6:02 AM  
Hi Magnus

Thanks very much for that timely reminder about the maps that you have so kindly made available. The quality of the scanned images looks really good!

I will print copies and have them available for everyone in the team.
Coach James will have some cunning plan on how to make best use of them, and hopefully he and the 10 team members can pick your brain on how to cope with things like all those blue bits that look like marsh, but I understand in the summer are not marsh...?

We are heading away in just under 4 weeks, first to Oslo to participate in O-festivalen, where some members of the team are running in the World Cup middle distance race. Then to Göteborg for the training week, and finally the races!

Regards

Norm Jager
Manager, Silva New Zealand Junior Team 2008

Show Profile  Norm Posted: 21 May 2008, 6:04 AM  
Hi Magnus

Thanks very much for that timely reminder about the maps that you have so kindly made available. The quality of the scanned images looks really good!

I will print copies and have them available for everyone in the team.
Coach James will have some cunning plan on how to make best use of them, and hopefully he and the 10 team members can pick your brain on how to cope with things like all those blue bits that look like marsh, but I understand in the summer are not marsh...?

We are heading away in just under 4 weeks, first to Oslo to participate in O-festivalen, where some members of the team are running in the World Cup middle distance race. Then to Göteborg for the training week, and finally the races!

Regards

Norm Jager
Manager, Silva New Zealand Junior Team 2008

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 21 May 2008, 2:21 PM  
Sure... glad to help.

I'll be at QB (Wellington Champs) day 2 and 3. If anyone wants to help a look at the map then. (Please bring your own print out.)

Show Profile  magnus Posted: 21 May 2008, 2:22 PM  
Hum... maybe I should proof read my post before posting.

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 24 May 2008, 7:05 PM  
Will see you in Oslo, Dave Shep, Jo Allison and I have got most of the team training in Goteborg for the week after Jukola, then we go to Oslo for some racing, before the team goes back to Goteborg while I head of to Portagul for the Masters

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 24 May 2008, 7:08 PM  
Norm, what age division are your guys racing in in Oslo

Show Profile  Norm Posted: 25 May 2008, 12:50 PM  
Hi Jim
We fly into Oslo on Wed 18.
Fri 20 Greta, Lizzie, Thomas, Simon are running the WC middle, and the others doing W/M20E.
Sat 21 Everyone in the team is doing W/M20E.
Sun 22 Relay, then to Göteborg.
Where are you guys staying during the Oslo events?

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 25 May 2008, 3:44 PM  
I think Shep has something in mind at the moment, will confirm

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz