maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

It wouldn't be a weekend ... without orienteering

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 9 November 2001, 8:05 AM  
So myself and James Bradshaw are heading up the coast for some training this Sunday (11th Nov). The location has yet to be disclosed but it is likely to be around Waitarere.

If any one else is keen send me an email ajmccarthy@hotmail.com or Ph. (04) 5650103 and we can organise some rides up.

Also Stu "regional captian geek" Barr is cordinating training on Sat/Sun coinciding with the WOA Relay held on the 25th Nov. Saturday will be training on Wanda map north of Waitarere township. Sunday will be the relay race with some control collecting afterwards perhaps.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 12 November 2001, 2:53 AM  
Did this training happen?

I was in Waiterere on Sunday and I didn't see any orienteers there, except for the munters I was travelling with.

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 12 November 2001, 4:41 AM  
Of course our training went off. James and myself managed 2.5 hrs of quality training in Wanda map and down on Hydrabad. Sorry we didn't catch up with you guys what time did you bowl into Waitarere???

It was pretty good value, except for when our run on Hydrabad was brought to an abrupt halt. Some fellas have removed nearly all the trees. Its wierd running through a felled area that you once speed through under the cover of forest. All looks so different

Show Profile  AlanH Posted: 13 November 2001, 12:45 AM  
the Short-o is only part of the festival and not part of the official challenge.

the area around Waitarere was never embargoed and didnt need to be. besides we are all using it in a weeks time for the WOA Relays.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz