maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

O-Life in New Zealand

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 21 December 2007, 11:38 AM  
Following the column in the "New Zealand Listener", ie published bloopers.

Come to the land that time forgot... January 2008, South Island New Zealand... (Advt for the next Oceania Championship, NZ Orienteering p11)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 December 2007, 12:52 PM  
Many of you will know the MAPsport fleet - car and trailer - they have both done sterling service over many years. This is due in no small part to regular servicing at a Hutt Valley dealership. The dealer has made an offer I couldn't refuse, of course moving stock fast is the name of the game in retail!

http://www.mapsport.co.nz/trailer.html

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 14 January 2008, 2:09 AM  
From the regional council that has created fear and loathing with its contracts and fees for use of regional parks...

"I am contacting you in regards to the fresh water survey that was sent to you last year. We have had a great response to the survey and thank all of you who have sent your completed forms back to us however, to make a fear and accurate description in our Regional Policy Statement we hope to be able receive more surveys..."

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 23 January 2008, 3:53 PM  
"With the agreement of the sponsors, Ampro Sales Ltd, the NZOF Council has decided to replace the existing Silva Magazine of the Year Award with a new award, the Silva Event Organiser of the Tear Award." ...NZOF News

I'm a sitter for this new award, having had an angry competitor rip up his map in my face. Ahh, Hidden Valley! The pines never did come right, and now logging is beginning.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 12 February 2008, 9:21 AM  
"Possession of this map does imply right of access to farmland" ... one of the Waitangi Summer Carnival maps.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 13 February 2008, 1:59 PM  
Sometimes I swear you are on another planet

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 16 February 2008, 4:16 AM  
Do things seen at orienteering events but not related to orienteering count?

Seen on a flyer at the Waikato University sprint:

"Remember it is your right to get drunk, but it is also your responsibility"

That's a big responsibility, but I think I can cope with it.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 24 June 2008, 9:00 AM  
"This area of the map has not been sued for many eyars" ... regional magazine.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz