maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Labour Weekend

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 15 October 2007, 5:41 AM  
Hope we're in for a good weekend once the gales subside and the low moves thru:-)) Interesting to see girls outnumbering boys in the juniors. And have the girls agreed to avoid W18A, surely it didn't just happen that way??

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 15 October 2007, 10:24 AM  
Take another look Michael, it must be the organisers doing as there were people entered in W18A in the official entry list

Show Profile  Chris Posted: 16 October 2007, 12:56 PM  
Finished putting out controls on Sunday in 120kph gusts on the exposed hillsides and saddles. Have booked like winds for the elites to present them with a true test of character...

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 16 October 2007, 2:05 PM  
I reckon a middle distance with 250 climb at pace is going to hurt quite enough thanks....let alone those other long distance shananigans

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 17 October 2007, 6:57 AM  
Random point but...

has anyone had the travel injections like Typhoid, Yellow Fever and Hep A/B? I am supposed to be having them 2moro but am a bit concerned about them leaving me wasted before the weekends races. Should I postpone them for a week? or are there no effects

Show Profile  sofieherremans Posted: 17 October 2007, 7:52 AM  
hi andrew, i have had those injections and apart from a sore arm it didn't bother me too much really.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 17 October 2007, 4:03 PM  
I raced right after a Hep A/B and had no problems

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 18 October 2007, 2:37 AM  
Chris, your wind booking has been confirmed. It will arrive on Saturday, coming from the west, staying for the whole weekend. On Monday it will reach gale force and a bit cooler as you requested.

Unfortunately the heavy rain you were also keen to utilise has been booked elsewhere, so it looks like you will be in for a dry weekend.
I trust this outcome will be satisfactory to your requirements.

This message was edited by Paul I on 18 October 2007, 10:20 AM

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 26 October 2007, 4:52 PM  
Man, I had no idea there were so many health concerns for those visiting Hawkes Bay. I didn't get my shots, and I did drink the water...

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz