maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5  

Whatever Happened to...?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 19 September 2009, 6:29 AM  
Good to see Stu Barr at a Wellington club event recently. Was reminded by an item in today's DomPost about the revolutionary stoat trap that his company (GoodNature) has invented. Pic too, page A13.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 September 2009, 11:37 AM  
Among the credits at the end of Marcus Lush's "South": Campbell Farquhar. Any goss on Campbell, or on David?

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 20 September 2009, 10:12 PM  
David is still in the UK.

Show Profile  david farquhar Posted: 21 September 2009, 11:15 AM  
Thanks for the tip off Aidan. Yes, I'm still in the UK, married with 2 children & 2 cats, living in Oxfordshire about 75 miles west of London. Very settled now on the edge of a small rural town, its not quite NZ, but its very pleasant. Relaxed, with nice countryside and friendly people. Space for visitors if anyone is over this way

I haven't been orienteering for about 8 years, my body just couldn't take any more training. I'm doing a lot of yoga these days, and hoping to get back into (my occasional bit of) kitesurfing if my children will let me get some more sleep

Funny enough yesterday we booked tickets for our first holiday to NZ in 4 years - might catch up with some of you in February.

Some pictures of my life can be found here http://www.flickr.com/gp/62009404@N00/o10781

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 23 September 2009, 4:03 PM  
Matt Backler? JWOC team 1999. Could this be the same Matt: 3rd Long course "Xterra mountain trail running series" Belmont Regional Park, presumably last weekend.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 24 September 2009, 2:27 AM  
Good to hear from you David, very nice photos. Do you secretly want to be a pilot?

For those who don't remember David, WOC team 93 and 95. For those who do, hardly any of his photos are of himself, but see page 2 of his Flickr, and a delightful one on p7.

Show Profile  david farquhar Posted: 24 September 2009, 11:20 AM  
Not a pilot, but we live in the middle of a number of airforce bases so regularly get treated to very low flying helicopters and planes over our house. The kids love it, and we took them to the end of the runway at Brize Norton in a sort of mad Waynes World moment to watch the Vulcan & a Globemaster land. Very exciting!

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 23 December 2009, 1:16 AM  
Mr Malcolm Gawn. Had a rare sighting of him at the Albany Pub on Saturday night at "The Feelers" concert. So are you still reading maptalk Mal and do you have anything to stir?

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 5 February 2010, 1:33 PM  
A good photo of "Chris Forne fra New Zealand" in a ski race

http://www.friflyt.no/index.php?pagenr=12&articlenr=58323

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 16 March 2010, 1:26 PM  
... Michael Croxford, between 1995 (still a D Squaddie then?) and now? With just a couple of results in 02. You been in Nelson all along?

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 16 March 2010, 2:16 PM  
No. I lost my way so to speak. Joined the Nelson Club when i moved here with my family. Running through an area of forest on our Forest Creek map last year and suddenly realised that this is what makes me happy. I guess I've become a bit of a born again orienteer. Now club secretary and organising the South Island Schools Champs. hope to catch up with a few old friends at the Nationals. Only going to be there for the first two days.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 16 March 2010, 2:18 PM  
It's amazing how many people read maptalk.

Is there any data of hits?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 16 March 2010, 10:06 PM  
Some stats (for the last 12 months from today) for stats guru's:

108,655 visits
19,886 absolute unique visitors
371,429 pageviews ("hits")
3:40 average time on site
3.42 average pages per visit
16.72% of visits are new visitors

45.90% of visits are from referring sites
30.6% of visits are directly to maptalk
23.5% of visits are from search engines

52.8% use internet explorer
29.6% firefox
10.2% safari

~5% use dialup, the rest are cable, dsl etc etc.

top 5 search engine top words:
20.3% maptalk
3.05% maptalk nz
2.40% exporting pdf ocad 8
2.37% stu barr
2.16% nz orienteering championships 2010

top parts of maptalk (in order):
forum
events
links
news
photos

Show Profile  darren Posted: 17 March 2010, 12:38 AM  
Stu Barr 2.37%, lol. I had a beer with him a couple of weeks ago, he's doing well, living in Wellytown and doing a bit of running and riding. Now there's a comeback I would like to see.

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 18 March 2010, 1:59 AM  
Bring back the "Barr's".....now that would be great!!Anthony, Madeline,Stu, Malcolm and little David....awwww....

1   2   3   4   5  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz