maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Long Final

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 24 August 2007, 3:36 AM  
Anyone had a good look at all those routechoice options in the long finals? How about that really, really long leg on the mens!
Would this make a very good mountainbike o area or what? Minus the food poisening of course.

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 24 August 2007, 6:52 AM  
There's something fishy with the mens splits 19-23. People having impossibly fast or disasterously slow times.

Hope the routes are published soon. Anyone found them?

Well done Tania and Chris. Love to hear a report.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 24 August 2007, 7:15 AM  
Try http://2007.woc2006.dk/files/routes/event.html?event=2007-08-22-m and change 22 to 23 etc. Haven't found a top-level page with an index to what the Danes have got - but this route player is fantastic. Only tiny quibble is that at the end when the routes are displayed statically the fastest is on the bottom and invisible when they are coincident.

The fishy bit is perhaps that the last part of the course was a loop with a significantly unequal-length split.

Yes the area would be fantastic for a track-based race such as MTBO. In fact this WOC shows quite different course styles between long (dark yellow level of nav) and middle (deep red).

Show Profile  addison Posted: 24 August 2007, 7:16 AM  
ACW, there were splits on the course mate. Routes are published.

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 24 August 2007, 8:42 AM  
Thanks Simon and Michael.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 24 August 2007, 8:54 AM  
That split system looks pretty good, also can explain why a couple of people are faster/slower in between radios.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 24 August 2007, 12:07 PM  
Jager - It was classic, something like (upper case = rising to shouting, lower case almost normal conversation)

and Simone finishes now for another medal, but it will only be bronze BECAUSE HERE COMES HELI, SHE WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO HER TEAM MATE BUT WILL SHE BE FASTER OR SLOWER I REALLY CAN'T TELL, HERE SHE COMES MAYBE ITS A GOLD MAYBE A SILVER SHE FINISHES NOW and now we wait to see her time...

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 24 August 2007, 12:15 PM  
My interpretation of Lakanen's comments was that he'd had something to numb the pain of the achilles, but then as a result of the loss of feeling had pulled or torn something else in the leg while warming up, a cautionary tale if true. But I couldn't follow exactly what was being said, so Greg's interpretation may be true.

The guy who does Okansas was berating the predictability of the middle distance result - haven't seen his latest post yet, but I bet he won't be saying the same about the long!

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 24 August 2007, 7:42 PM  
The long was stinking hot. You only have to see how many DNF'd yesterday. Tania was stoked as she didn't train for the long and had to run through her achilles problems that reduced her to a quick shuffle. Chris was Chris and probaably would have kept running if they let him. In the end it probably came dowm to a route choice decison that could have cost him as much as 4 minutes. But as per usual he's still over excited about it all and went out and ran the WOC tour course today for a bit of relaxation. The man's a machine, albiet a slightly hairy one. Relay tommorrow. Ross, Rob J then Chris last. It's going to be sooo hot.

I mentioned in an earlier posting about Jani's archilles, they're shocking to look at. He is way past cortisone so they were going to put in a numbing injection so that he could run through it. But basically they left it too late before the race. I'm not sure he would have been able to run that well anyway. And yeah, there are people going down left right and centre with illness's.
Personally I've got a shit load of negative comments that outweigh the positive about this WOC. But that's another topic and one that I'll leave for now.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 26 August 2007, 1:25 AM  
Photo of Clem handing Tania some water in the long, on the IOF website.

And a beauty of Holger, Sandy and Axel (under photos: middle quali)

This message was edited by Michael on 26 August 2007, 9:35 AM

Story about mother and daughter Pavlina and Viktoria Brautigam - has there ever been a mother/daughter or father/son in one WOC before?

This message was edited by Michael on 26 August 2007, 9:39 AM

Photo of Rob J coming out of the jungle under "More Photos Long Qualification"

This message was edited by Michael on 26 August 2007, 9:46 AM

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3   4   5   6  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz