maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Long Final

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 23 August 2007, 3:19 PM  
Well done C & T for battling through a real epic. Enjoy the rest day, you've earned it. Also hope Ross realises yesterday's result a damn good one for a 1st WOC final. Looking forward to seeing how the boys do in the relay, and R & C's final hoon round Kiev on sunday.

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 23 August 2007, 5:44 PM  
That was mammoth. Gutted I didn't get to hear Per when he found out there was a tie, the dude must have been going off his rocker!

I like hearing from Paul, load of shit or not.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 24 August 2007, 2:01 AM  
Paul - if you're still around - I think it helps to remember that when people under 30 (40?) say "load of shit" it's close to a compliment or at least an affectionate jibe.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 24 August 2007, 2:22 AM  
Is that what you like to tell yourself Jenni.
Sounds like a load of shit.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 24 August 2007, 2:30 AM  
Yes Jenni, and thanks for some support guys. I agree that my initial response may have been a bit on the nose, but it really was meant to be a bit tonge and cheek to Bryn's comment, and I always intended to remove it after he read it, infact I was going to remove the whole thing until it developed to something bigger. Then I decided it was better to let readers make up ther own minds rather than what others say.

The thing that gets me going is the public ridicule. I've seen it happen before, when people contribute their opinions to share with others, like the content or not, I really think that a school teacher of all people should not throw stones and publicly humiliate someones opinion. Or is it just this pc world we live in now where we are not allowed a view, and if we do put it out there we must prepare to be shot down.
I like this forum, maybe I do talk more than my fair share of shit, but at least I try to contribute to keep it interesting.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 24 August 2007, 2:33 AM  
yeah you gotta roll with the punches on maptalk...just like you gotta forget about the mistakes in orienteering. I remember once doing a posting about how Greg Flynn was a completly useless bastard/waste of time...and now he's administrator of the year or something! (so perhaps the completely was an exaggeration...he does have some uses)

geez that race last night sounded ugly, thats a massive victory for mattias 'the swiss cowboy' merz. Thought it was Khramov terrain.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 24 August 2007, 2:44 AM  
Poor little Paul

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 24 August 2007, 2:53 AM  
Lakanen said that he had a problem with a tendon just before the start so pulled out. What happened to Lauenstein?
...and with all these other big names pulling out during their race when things didn't go to plan shows how seriously they are taking the relays.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 24 August 2007, 2:54 AM  
now there's someone who talks more shit than me, but I know that deep down he's really soft and cuddly

This message was edited by Paul I on 24 August 2007, 9:57 AM

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 24 August 2007, 3:08 AM  
Hudson? No way that guys got a heart of stone.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 24 August 2007, 3:26 AM  
I heard on the commentary that Lauenstein had a stomach bug and so did Lakanen?

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 24 August 2007, 3:30 AM  
i once saw mark eat a baby.

and he chewed with his mouth open.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 24 August 2007, 3:31 AM  
I see also that Shep has been enjoying some time in a Ukrainian hospital

Show Profile  Ilyusha Posted: 24 August 2007, 3:37 AM  
illness seems common
http://www.hottjohansen.com/holger/artikler.php?nId=76
http://www.attackpoint.org/weeklyactivity.jsp/user_874

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 24 August 2007, 4:05 AM  
Jani had a very sore Achilles tendon, when he warmed up his leg went numb and decided not to race. The others (some confirmed some not) have all had food poisoning issues.

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz