maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5  

World Cup at O-ringen!

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 23 July 2007, 1:02 PM  
Yep they do fill it up to 50 but with overall world cup placing counting which isn't great. Running for two hours when you just got off a plane from NZ is not the easiest thing to do... so we're proud of you Tan!

This message was edited by Jenni on 23 July 2007, 9:03 PM

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 23 July 2007, 1:09 PM  
Tan's finished in 51st place 2 hours 06. What a mission!

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 23 July 2007, 4:43 PM  
Th weather here is CRAP. Go Tania. Absolute mission run. The mud isnt so bad its the moss covered rocks and the big mothering rocks that you just slide off. The white moss is like being on ice. the green moss has a little grip on the rocks and the mud is ok. Go figure.
I just saw my tent floating past the cafe BUGGER!!!!!

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 24 July 2007, 1:29 AM  
Spoke to Tania this morning. Really tired but laughing how the weather hasn't changed from home. Also laughing that her first training run in Sweden for a while, was the 13.8km long distance race at o-ringen. It took until the final loop before the map started working for her, and the terrein was looked nothing like the promotional video. Maybe the video is from the middle area. Absolutely no flow, just a mission. Also her and Dave were completely screwed a couple of times by the sun not being where it is meant to. Maybe Dave will have a word to the organisiers about moving it to a more northerly aspect in the sky.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 24 July 2007, 2:13 AM  
Don't the Swedish maps have a little sun picture in the corner?

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 24 July 2007, 2:19 AM  
Too many blueberries and forest mushrooms for breakfast?

Show Profile  A1 Posted: 24 July 2007, 2:34 AM  
go tan! good luck for the rest of the races!

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 24 July 2007, 3:10 AM  
Just glimpsing at the splits it looks like Tan was right up there in about6th place after the 5th control, ahead of a lot of the stars, then blew #7 a bit.
Thierry did nor race. Is he injured or focussing more on WOC training like Eva Jurenikova who doesn't want any distractions and thinks it will make her more hungary for WOC if she misses O-ringen WC.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 24 July 2007, 3:57 AM  
Thierry had a small injury and was waiting until the morning of the race before deciding if he would run

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 24 July 2007, 6:04 AM  
"like Eva Jurenikova who doesn't want any distractions and thinks it will make her more HUNGARY for WOC"

What's this? Another Brickhill-Jones style defection? These central european countries had better Czech their athletes' alleigances...

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 24 July 2007, 7:47 AM  
yeah whateva

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 24 July 2007, 8:58 AM  
...or they'll be Russian to sign them up at the Finnish.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 24 July 2007, 1:06 PM  
The attackpointers have found video on orientering.se (probably easiest to go via attackpoint to get the link) of the women's finish. Unfortunately whatever video gadget the Swedes use is the worst I've seen yet, but it LOOKED like Sima put enough gas on at the finish it wouldn't have mattered if Minna had picked the right finish chute first off. There's also a classy pic of Minna for Ross to download and add to his collection.

Jeff, I've been trying to keep the other sub-thread here going but I'm stuck - what can you do with "Slovakia"?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 24 July 2007, 2:27 PM  
When I played the video first, the picture stopped after a few seconds but the audio played on - right up to 4:21. I tried it again and got the video this time, up to the vet man who was grizzling about rain on his specs near the end. Then the picture stopped again. Message, persist.

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 24 July 2007, 4:02 PM  
Tan 2nd in B final. Sweet.

1   2   3   4   5  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz