Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Mapping Questions

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 19 June 2007, 3:24 PM  
There's a good group email to ask mapping questions

to join email
O-Map-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Show Profile  Selwyn Posted: 20 June 2007, 3:46 PM  
Agree with you Martin. In the last few weeks I have picked up some tips on how Americans print all their maps using waterproof ink on inkjet printers. Consequently our club has just purchased an Epson C87+ inkjet printer which we hope will enable us to print out emergency extra maps at the event. My efforts to contribute re colour Laser printing to the discussion seemed to be totally ignored, apparently typical for a contribution from far-flung ignorantly stupid Kiwiland.

Show Profile  rhigham Posted: 9 July 2007, 1:51 PM  
I have been following Yahoo O map for many years and don't always have the time or inclination to contribute most of the time.
But Selwyn your comments have been noted. Red Kiwis have been printing our own maps for the past year using an Epson Photo R350 with reasonable results. The PAPER is the key to get a reasonably waterproof print - I use Paper Inkjet HP A4 Premium Q1936A 100GSM PK/200 as a compromise betwixt normal photo copy paper and photo quality inkjet paper (epson photo quality paper SO41061).
At events to print quickly you need to run the print from a laptop which I have had as a backup sometimes (never at the righttime) but never used.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz